Features of the Singer Tradition 2277 Sewing Machine
Specifically built for beginners, the Singer Tradition 2277 is an excellent sewing machine. Here is a lowdown on some of the key features of this machine.
23 In-built Stitches
The Singer Tradition 2277 has a wide range of 23 in-built stitches for any type of sewing project. The stitches include 11 decorative stitches, 6 essential stitches, 5 stretch stitches and 1 fully-automatic 1-step buttonhole.
The sewing machine can create buttonholes automatically in 1 single step. All you need to do is place the button in the buttonhole foot and the Tradition 2277 sews the buttonhole perfectly sized for the button.
In-built Needle Threader
The in-built needle threader allows you to thread the needle easily without straining your eye and helps to save time.
Heavy-Duty Metal Frame
The Singer Tradition 2277 has a heavy duty frame that makes the sewing machine sturdy and tough and enables it to handle all types of materials, including thicker materials and also withstand wear and tear.
The sewing machine comes with a darning plate, which must be placed over the feed teeth of the machine. This prevents the feed teeth from coming into contact with the material and is useful for free-motion sewing such as monograms, stipple quilting and sewing buttons.
Arm with On-Board Storage
The Tradition 2277 features a free arm that offers easy access to collars, pant hems, cuffs and other areas that are difficult to reach. The arm of the sewing machine has on-board storage that allows you to store all your machine’s accessories conveniently.
This helps to wind the bobbin and insert it easily. It also helps to maintain a smooth needle plate surface.
Adjustable Stitch Length and Width
The length and width of the stitch can be customized by simply turning the dial. This is extremely useful for various stitching techniques such as basting, applique, etc.
The sewing machine allows you to sew in reverse, which is usually required when you want to secure a seam at the start and the end, to prevent it from unraveling.
Snap-On Presser Foot
The presser foot can be attached or removed easily whenever required.
4 Presser Feet
The sewing machine includes 4 types of presser feet including the buttonhole foot, zipper foot, button foot and the all-purpose foot.
- The Singer Tradition 2277 sewing machine is extremely easy to set up and you can start using it in a jiffy.
- Not only is the sewing machine easy to set up. It is extremely easy to use too. Once you thread it properly, you can use the dial to select the stitch and stitch length. Then, just press the foot pedal and start working.
- The sewing machine is very versatile. It has 23 different stitches that allow you to work on both small and advanced projects. The machine has very convenient and handy features that allow you to tackle a wide range of projects very easily.
- The Tradition 2277 has several convenient features such as an automatic needle threader, reverse stitch lever and 1-step buttonhole stitching that can help to save a lot of time and effort.
- The sewing machine is quite lightweight (around 13 lb) and is very portable. You can easily lift, carry and transport it from one place to another. Also, the compact size of the machine allows you to store it conveniently, especially if you have limited space. However, while being lightweight, the heavy-duty metal frame of the machine makes it very durable and long-lasting.
- The Tradition 2277 is very affordable and is a great sewing machine for beginners on a budget.
- The machine jams during use, where the bobbin thread gets knotted together causing the machine to stall.
- There are issues with the thread getting dislodged from the needle as the machine starts, requiring re-threading time and again. This may be due to user error and when you start the machine, ensure that you press the foot pedal firmly to prevent the thread from dislodging.
- The machine may not be ideal for thick fabrics like leather, wool, tweed and thick cotton, which may cause the needle to break or the machine to get stalled. It is best to use the machine to sew lightweight and medium fabrics.
The Singer Tradition 2277 is a budget-friendly sewing machine for beginners. The high-quality, sturdy and durable sewing machine has several useful features. The sewing machine is extremely versatile. So, if you’re on a budget and looking for a Singer sewing machine that will last for a long time, then the Singer Tradition 2277 may just be the right fit for you.