The TL-2000Qi from Juki is a high-quality sewing and quilting home deco machine that truly stands apart from the rest. Made of aluminum die-casting, the Juki TL-2000Qi is a powerful 1,500 SPM, yet lightweight and portable machine, which ensures that you get industrial-grade sewing. With a large 23-inch work area (with the auxiliary table), the Juki TL-2000Qi can handle all types of home décor projects and large-sized quilts effortlessly.
Features of the Juki TL-2000Qi
The Juki TL-2000Qi Sewing & Quilting Machine is very powerful, fast and loaded with features that make it a joy to use for all your home-based sewing projects. Here are the machine’s features in detail:
Automatic Needle Threader
The sewing machine has an automatic needle threader that can be operated with the push lever and helps to thread the needle easily without straining your eyes and lets you start sewing quickly, saving plenty of time and effort.
Automatic Thread Trimming
The foot-controlled thread trimming system lets you trim the top and the bobbin threads by simply rocking your heel on the foot pedal to cut the thread precisely and quickly. The one-pedal design of the machine is extremely efficient and time saving.
Needle Up and Down Button
The automatic needle up and down control automatically raises and lowers the needle, without you having to do it manually. The sewing machine stops when you stop sewing with the needle in the “down” position. This enables you to end the seams uniformly and turn the corners while your stitching easily.
The Juki TL-2000Qi is equipped with a powerful and bright, white LED light that illuminates the sewing area very well and lets you sew precisely without straining your eyes.
The feed dog of the sewing machine can be raised or lowered by simply pressing a switch. This is especially useful when you are quilting and the drop feed lets you sew curved stitches easily and precisely.
Stitch Length Control
The Juki TL-2000Qi features a dial on the side that allows you to control the length of the stitches. The dial can be turned between 1 to 6 and you can get stitches up to 6 mm long. This is especially useful when you’re working with fabrics of different weights and also for layering materials.
The speed mechanism of the sewing machine is microcomputer controlled and lets you sew at low speeds, which ensures that the feed is accurate and you get perfect stitching, especially when you’re sewing quilts, heavy fabrics and many layers of materials.
Easy Bobbin Replacement
The enlarged bobbin case and case latch allow you to remove the bobbin and replace it easily.
Thread Tension Scale
The sewing machine features a thread tension scale that lets you adjust the tension of the thread according to the type of material and thread being used.
Presser Foot Pressure
The pressure of the presser foot of the machine can be adjusted by turning the dial on the top of the sewing machine according to the material you are sewing.
- The stitch quality of the sewing machine is excellent and it is among the best sewing machines for quilting.
- The parts of the machine are made of metal and high-quality materials, which makes the machine very durable. The aluminum bed and arm of the sewing machine help to reduce vibrations when operated at low speeds.
- The one-pedal operation allows you to focus and keep your eyes and hands on your work, thereby helping to streamline the process. You can control the stitching speed by regulating the pressure on the foot pedal.
- The sewing machine has ample throat space that lets you manipulate your work easily. The extension table adds to the area, which is very useful.
- The sewing machine is very fast and has a speed of around 1,500 stitches/minute.
- Quite expensive.
- While the sewing machine is very straightforward and simple to use; however, it may take a while for you to get the hang of the machine and all its features. For instance, the automatic threader requires you to follow several steps, which may be confusing. Also, it may take some time to get used to the manual speed control.
- The machine has only one type of stitch and it does not have computerized controls. And, if you’re looking for a sewing machine that is very versatile and can be used for different kinds of projects, then the Juki TL-2000Qi may not be the right one for you.
- The sewing machine requires regular maintenance and for it to function properly, it requires regular oiling, which can be messy and time consuming. Also, the thread cutter leaves pieces of thread that get caught in the bobbin area and must be cleaned out often.
Overall, the Juki TL-2000Qi is a high-quality efficient and fast sewing machine. A true workhorse, the Juki TL-2000Qi is perfect for simple sewing and quilting projects. While the machine is top quality and durable; however, it may not be an ideal machine for beginners or if you’re looking for a very versatile sewing machine to handle a wide range of sewing projects. While the Juki TL-2000Qi is pricey, the features, quality and reliability make it a value for money buy.