The Singer 4423 has 23 built-in stitches including the basic, decorative and buttonhole stitches. You can choose the one you want using the dial and your machine is good to go.
You can also adjust the length and width of your stitches. You can alter these two and create bold designs or stitches that are barely visible.
Built-in Needle Threader
Presser Foot Control
The motor in this model is 60% more efficient and stronger than the other Singer models. It can pierce through thicker fabrics and has a maximum sewing speed of 1,100 stitches per minute.
Singer Sewing Assistant App
Available on both Android and Apple phones, this app gives you access to FAQs regarding the machine, sewing techniques and some tutorials if required. You can even connect to fellow sewers and share ideas.
- Guaranteed durability.
- Meant for heavy-duty projects.
- Easy to set bobbin in place. You can simply drop it in its allotted space.
- The bobbin casing is also transparent. You can monitor thread supply easily.
- The adjustable presser foot pressure is a huge advantage. You can tweak it to see which setting gives you precise stitches.
- The adjustable stitch length and width allows you to be more creative.
- The automatic reverse is also a huge pro especially when you are working on seams.
- You can stitch a buttonhole in one easy step.
- The machine has a free arm that gives you maneuverability when it comes to smaller or cylindrical designs.
- The automatic needle threader will make your life simpler.
- The machine comes with four presser feet. You can simply snap on the one you want. The foot can also be lifted higher than usual. This works to your advantage when you are sewing thicker fabrics.
- The spool holder is made out of plastic and is a little flimsy.
- The machine can create a lot of noise.
- The foot pedal takes a while to get used to.
- The attached LED light is not bright enough.
Quality and innovation are features you can definitely find in a Singer sewing machine. To put it simply, the Singer 4423 Sewing Machine is a workhorse. It can handle heavy materials and multiple layers. It is an affordable choice, worth considering whether you are a beginner or an advanced sewer. What it lacks in terms of the fancier options we rarely use, it makes up for it with its strength and durability.