Janome is a Japanese company that has made a mark for itself as a sewing machine manufacturer across the world.
With the Janome Magnolia 7318 Sewing Machine, you are looking at a sturdy, entry-level sewing machine that works wonders with beginners who want to master the art of stitching with some practice on the sewing machine.
Features of the Janome Magnolia 7318 Sewing Machine
In order to understand whether the Janome Magnolia 7318 Sewing Machine is worth your time and money, it is crucial that you go through the different features that the machine has to offer. Some of these are listed below.
18 Built-In Stitches
The Magnolia 7318 Sewing Machine comes with 18 different stitches built into the system. This means that you can simply tweak the settings and the length using dials situated on the machine’s exterior. Having access to these built-in stitches makes the process of churning out different designs very easy.
Top Loading Bobbin System
The company has stuck with the simple yet effective top loading bobbin system with the Janome Magnolia 7318 Sewing Machine as it helps you avoid a lot of unnecessary steps in loading the bobbin. This makes the bobbin resistant to jamming and can end up saving you a lot of time in the long run.
A unique feature offered by this sewing machine is the 4-step buttonhole that really elevates the entire machine’s functionality. While it means that the Magnolia 7318 requires the user to be more involved in this process, the end result is really worth it, making this one of the more sought after features.
- This is a relatively stable machine that makes your job much easier. Mechanical sewing machines sometimes lack this level of stability, which can throw a wrench in your plan of becoming a master dressmaker.
- The sewing machine comes with a carrying handle that makes it easy for you to transport this model. As it weighs over 17 pounds, a good-quality handle is an essential add-on for comfort.
- The threading process is very convenient as the needle eye faces the front of the machine. This helps you avoid a lot of work in locating and threading the needle.
- The Janome Magnolia 7318 Sewing Machine comes with a comprehensive instructions manual that helps you set up the machine in clear steps. This helps avoid the panic and frustration that beginners sometimes are subject to when it comes to a new sewing machine.
- The sewing machine comes with a range of different accessories that allow you to get the most out of this machine. However, at no point do you feel overwhelmed by the number of little attachments and accessories that are included.
- This is not a computerized sewing machine, which can make you question the relatively higher price tag that comes attached to this machine.
- The drop feed is located at the back of the sewing machine, which can sometimes be a little inconvenient when you need to adjust it, as you have to physically get up and go to the other side.
- The work area that you gain access to with this sewing machine is quite limited, especially if you are a professional who wants to get a lot of work done with the machine.
The Janome Magnolia 7318 Sewing Machine is a good mechanical sewing machine for beginners or even people with experience who want to keep a backup machine at hand. While it does not give you the same range of features that a computerized sewing machine would, it is a well-built option at the entry level that will not disappoint.
Leave a Reply