The Janome Graceful Basic Sewing Machine is one such tool that needs to be kept in mind when you shop!
Features of the Janome Graceful Basic Sewing Machine
While you may be led to believe that this sewing machine is just meant for children, it works exceedingly well for adults as well, especially when they are exploring the realm of stitching. Here are some of the main features of the Janome Graceful Basic Sewing Machine that can help you make a decision.
11 Built-In Stitches
The Janome Graceful Basic Sewing Machine comes with 11 built-in stitches in total, all of which can be adjusted with the help of a dial located on the machine. These stitches include five different straight stitch variations, three zigzag stitch variations for basic mending and constructing garments, one crescent or scallop stitch for applying embellishments or similar elements and finally a multi-stitch zigzag stitch.
Presser Foot with Finger Guard
Janome has built finger guards around the presser foot where the needle is. This is meant to prevent kids from getting their hands too close to the needle and injuring themselves without realizing it.
Top Loading, Drop-In Bobbin
In order to avoid any confusion that different types of bobbin systems can bring to a sewing machine, Janome has stuck with the simplest, top-loading, drop-in bobbin. With this mechanism, you can just open the cover and slip the threaded bobbin inside.
Two Needle Positions
Having two needle positions means that the needle can be placed in a way that you don’t have to push around the fabric awkwardly.
- This entire sewing machine weighs just about five pounds and stands at 9 inches (width) and 10.5 inches (height). This makes the Janome Graceful Basic Sewing Machine one of the most compact sewing machines that you can get your hands on.
- If you are looking for a good-quality machine to start learning, this is one of the best options in front of you. Not only is this extremely lightweight and easy to carry around, but the company has also laid a lot of emphasis on safety with this product.
- The presser foot of this machine is located higher than most others in this category, allowing you to fit in a range of different fabrics into the space between the needle plate and the presser foot.
- The Janome Graceful Basic Sewing Machine is available in a wide range of colors like fuschia, green, gray, mint, lilac and more, which makes it an instant favorite with young children and beginners.
- There is no light built into the sewing machine, which makes it difficult for you to work when there isn’t enough natural or artificial light around your workstation.
- The sewing machine does not come with a separate case. This can be quite problematic when you want to keep your machine safe and secure when it is stashed away.
- If you have sensitive ears, you may find yourself perturbed by the relatively loud noise that the Janome Graceful Basic Sewing Machine makes when it is in motion.
If you are looking for a good quality sewing machine for your kids that is small and compact, the Janome Graceful Basic Sewing Machine is worth considering. The functionality of this machine is not limited to just kids, as it also works well for beginners of all different ages. It is a lightweight yet effective machine that allows you to work even when you are on the go!