Features of the Brother XM1010 Sewing Machine
In order to make an informed decision about which sewing machine would suit your needs in the best possible manner, it is important to acquaint yourself with the basic features offered by the sewing machines under consideration. Here are some of the main features of the XM1010.
10 Unique Built-In Stitches
One of the most important parts of a sewing machine is the kind of stitches that it offers and the XM1010 does not disappoint with the 10 different built-in stitches that you gain access to with this machine. Built to give you better functionality, the most commonly used stitches are built into the machine itself. This includes decorative stitches, zigzag stitches, blind hem stitches and more.
Easy Stitch Selector
As you may have read before, this sewing machine comes with a range of built-in stitches that can make your life so much easier. While there is no LCD display to showcase the stitch setting, there is an extremely handy dial that you can turn to choose the stitch that you want to use. This includes stitches like buttonhole, stretch stitches, utility stitches or simply decorative ones. All the options are right there on the surface of the machine.
Four Feet to Choose from
The XM1010 sewing machine by Brother comes with four feet settings that can be switched over depending on the task that you are looking to accomplish. These include zipper, buttonhole, zigzag and button sewing feet, which means a wide range of tasks can be accomplished.
- The thread tension can be adjusted to modify the length and tension, which in turn allows you to get stitches that are overall neater and smoother work with added finesse.
- This sewing machine is jam-resistant as the bobbin is not loaded from the side. Instead, there is a top-drop bobbin that does not jam and allows for cleaner work.
- The product comes with an impressive 25-year limited warranty, which speaks a lot for how much confidence the company has in its sewing machine.
- The price of the Brother XM1010 sewing machine is very affordable, which makes it ideal for beginners who don’t want to spend too much money on their first set of equipment.
- The sewing machine comes with a range of different accessories that allow you to save a lot of money that would otherwise be spent on purchasing them.
- The Brother XM1010 Sewing Machine does not come with a speed controller and can only be controlled with the help of a foot controller. This means that if you are new to stitching or a child is using the machine, supervision is recommended.
- The lack of an on/off button can be a little off putting as it means that your sewing machine is always switched on.
- The use of this machine is restricted to relatively thinner materials, as it is not built for heavy-duty fabrics.
The Brother XM1010 Sewing Machine is a basic sewing machine that is available at a very affordable price point. This makes it the go-to option for people who are just getting started with their sewing or stitching journey. If you are not working with heavy-duty materials and want to improve your overall skills, this a good machine to purchase.