This is especially the case when your children are picking up a hobby.
The Janome Fastlane Basic is the perfect sewing machine for kids and adults starting their sewing journey.
Features of the Janome Fastlane Basic
The Janome Fastlane Basic sewing machine may look like a toy for your children to play with but this remains one of the most popular basic sewing machines that can tick all the boxes that you’d expect a beginners’ machine to tick.
10 Built-In Stitches
The Janome Fastlane Basic sewing machine has 10 different stitches built-in, which includes five different straight stitch variations, three zigzag stitch variations as well as one crescent/scallop stitch and one multi-stitch zigzag stitch each. This increases the range of tasks you can accomplish with this machine.
Top Drop-In Bobbin
This sewing machine avoids jamming by ensuring that there is a top-drop bobbin instead of the side-loaded ones that are sometimes used for sewing machines. This allows for a cleaner end product and a smooth process of stitching.
Presser Foot with Finger Guard
As this machine is primarily designed keeping children in mind, the presser foot comes with a finger guard so that the Janome Fastlane Basic sewing machine is safe to use regardless of how young you are. Safety is the main concern that is being addressed with this machine.
As the sewing machine comes with a range of accessories, the manufacturers have built the machine in a way that it allows for storing these accessories on hand.
- This is a very compact and lightweight sewing machine that requires very little space, making it ideal for smaller workstations. Picking up the machine and storing it away is also very simple as it just weighs five pounds.
- The Janome Fastlane Basic is one of the most affordable sewing machines that you can get your hands on, which makes it ideal for situations where you are trying to encourage your kids into adopting a hobby.
- The sewing machine is available in a wide range of colors, for example, fuschia, lilac, mint, gray, purple, teal, red and more. While adults may not be attracted to these colors, kids tend to love the bright hues.
- The sewing machine comes with a manual that has a number of threading diagrams to help you if you are feeling overwhelmed by the setting up process.
- The Janome Fastlane Basic sewing machine comes with a 25-year limited warranty, which means that you can have faith in the quality of the product that you are purchasing.
- The sewing machine uses only one size when it comes to the needles, which means that it will not perform equally well on the different kinds of fabrics that you may be using.
- The Janome Fastlane Basic Sewing Machine is only capable of working at one standard speed, which can be disappointing for people who want some variation in speed as they work.
- While most high-quality sewing machines come with automatic threaders so that you don’t have to go about searching for the needle eye, this feature has been skipped by the company.
If you are looking for a good quality sewing machine as a beginner or if your children have shown an interest in sewing and you want to encourage them, the Janome Fastlane Basic sewing machine — available in an impressive collection of colors — is the perfect machine to spend your money on.