Touted to be the perfect solution to your next sewing project, the Janome JW8100 Fully-Featured Computerized Sewing Machine with 100 Stitches is a multi-featured, cutting-edge gift to the sewing world.
With a ton of advanced features that are also extremely user friendly, this Janome offering is a patient companion to any sewist just starting out, as well as a trusted companion who can handle all the demands of any experienced sewist!
Features of the Janome JW8100 Fully-Featured Computerized Sewing Machine
The Janome JW8100 is equipped with a range of features that are standard as well as extra, beginner as well as advanced; it comes with a backlit LCD screen, easy stitch selection, Easy Convenience buttons, a built-in needle threader, and a bobbin winder, to name a few.
A Wide Selection of Stitches
The Janome JW8100 comes with a whopping 100 built-in stitches, split into 20 basic and fashion stitches, 27 heirloom stitches, 28 home decor stitches, 18 quilting stitches and 7 buttonhole stitches. Additionally, these stitches are already set at default lengths and widths to further make the stitching process easier; however, you can override this and customize your stitches.
Easy Convenience Buttons
The JW8100 comes with a unique “Easy Convenience Buttons” feature, a number of buttons that make the sewing process easier. These include a start/stop button located near the needle that lets you increase the preciseness of your sewing and quilting, a reverse button for strengthening your stitches, a locking stitch button and an up/down needle button near the LCD display.
A Removable Free Arm
Convenient for sewing small openings or rounded/circular edges such as pant hems, sleeves, cuffs, collars and the like, the machine comes with a removable free arm.
Thanks to a heavy duty metal frame in the interior, the Janome JW8100 is not just extremely durable, but also steady as a rock when sewing, ensuring that you don’t skip any stitches. It’s also backed by a 25-year manufacturer’s warranty, which indicates the faith and life expectancy the manufacturers themselves have of the product.
A 7-Piece Feeding System
The machine comes equipped with a built-in needle threader; however, there are few steps prior to the machine’s threading that you’ll have to do, following instructions printed on the machine. That being said, you’ll still take only half the time you generally would while threading a needle.
A Removable Stitch Chart
There’s no way you can perfectly keep 100 stitches in your mind! To make things easier, the JW8100 comes with a removable stitch chart that shows you all the various available stitches at a glance.
A Range of Accessories
The JW8100 comes with a ton of accessories, such as:
- The ability to customize stitch lengths and widths.
- Easy Convenience buttons for precise stitching.
- The quarter-inch foot produces consistent quarter-inch stitches whereas the even feed foot ensures that quilling or sewing any multi-layered heavy fabric becomes easier.
- Suited to a range of learners.
- A huge number of accessories and features.
- A large selection of built-in stitches.
- A jam-proof bobbin system; the auto-declutch bobbin winder automatically stops when full.
- A speed-control slider to sew at a pace comfortable to you.
- Some users have complained that the manual tension adjustment control is way below satisfactory, leading to several repairs and visits to workshops.
- Some users have also stated that the machine can’t handle multi-layered fabrics, making a loud noise when used on them.
- Some users have also stated that the machine’s durability is unsatisfactory.
Figuring out everything that the Janome JW8100 can do will take you a good hour or so; it comes equipped with many amazing, user-friendly features that enhance the comfort and convenience of using this sewing machine, regardless of the type of fabric you’re working with. With a ton of user reviews to back up its great features, the Janome JW8100 is definitely a worthy investment.