Best Fabric for Scarves
Here are our fabric for scarves reviews
Flannel fabric is durable and can take a lot of wear. Flannel washes extremely well and often becomes softer with every wash. Flannel scarves are soft, warm, and cotton is also breathable. Plaid is a wonderful pattern that can be paired with many different outfits. Flannel can also be used to make many other apparel items.
- This medium weight flannel fabric is made from 100% cotton
- Comes in sixty-five different colors and patterns
- Machine wash on cold, tumble dry on low heat
Chiffon fabric can be used to make scarves. This crepe chiffon is a lightweight fabric and usually drapes well, which makes for a beautiful scarf. Most times, one piece of fabric will be wide enough to make two chiffon scarves, so the fabric can also be a budget friendly choice. This fabric is also great for making many other apparel items.
- This fabric is 100% polyester and is very lightweight- the fabric is opaque and has a crepe like texture with a silky feeling and fluid drape
- Machine wash, tumble dry on low heat
- Comes in 56” width
Cotton voile is semi-sheer and can be used for making many different items. This lightweight fabric is also extremely soft and luxurious feeling and flows well. It is a great fabric to use for making scarves, but can also be used for many other apparel items. Sew blouses, skirts, dresses, and more.
- This fabric is a blend of 50% cotton and 50% rayon and is very lightweight
- Machine wash cold, air dry
- This fabric comes in over twenty different, beautiful patterns to choose from
This waffle knit fabric is soft, smooth, and comfortable feeling. The fabric is a thermal, waffle knit and features 40% four way stretch across the grain and 20% stretch vertical. This knit blend is extremely versatile and can be used for making scarves, sweaters, pullovers, loungewear, and for many other projects.
- Fabric is a lightweight knit blend of 70% poly, 28% rayon, and 2% spandex
- Machine wash on gentle, dry on low heat or lay flat to dry
- This line of fabric comes in over fifteen different colors
Wool can be a great fabric for making a scarf, especially for the colder months or to use with a dress coat. Wool is generally quite warm. Merino wool is often soft, but also durable. Merino wool also resists water and odors. Wool is also breathable and helps wick moisture away from the skin.
- This fabric has a smooth hand and a full bodied drape
- Fabric is dry clean only
- This lightweight Italian Merino wool fabric is made from 100% wool
Fabric for Scarves Buying Guide
Scarves can be a fun accessory and a great way to dress up just about any outfit. Scarves can also be worn for utilitarian purposes, like keeping warm in cold weather. Scarves come in many shapes and sizes and can be made in all different colors. Scarves can be made for yourself or given as gifts. Make an easy, beginner scarf or challenge yourself to be as creative as possible and make some unique creations.
Making a scarf can be a very budget friendly project, as many cuts of fabric can actually produce two scarves from the width that fabrics come in. Even if you want to make a wool scarf, the amount of material required to make one is still usually going to be quite inexpensive, especially considering the quality and the many great benefits of the fabric. Other fabrics like cottons and polyesters, are generally quite budget friendly.
Many fabrics that can be used to make scarves can also be used to make apparel items, household décor accessories, and more. You could buy enough fabric to make a matching shirt, blouse, dress, or skirt for your scarf, or if you’ve ordered too much fabric, knowing that it can be used on other fabrics is a great way to save money and reduce waste.