Best Fabric Printers
Here are our fabric printer reviews.
Epson printers are popular for printing onto fabric. The images are printed onto fabric transfer paper, which can then be transferred onto the fabric, usually using heat (a basic iron usually works fine). This Epson printer can be a great choice for printing photos and other images. It will likely work best with smaller, 8.5 x 11 designs and prints.
- Epson printers work best with Epson inks
- This printer can print, copy, and scan
- Can do wireless printing and can also do network free printing, so sending images from a phone or tablet is easy
This amazing printer can do so many different things that many other printers can’t do. The printer can print images up to 13”, which is great for customized projects. The printer is considered by many to be professional quality. The color prints from this printer are vibrant and are far more true than many other printers.
- Printer can print on sheets of paper or on roll paper
- Can print images as matte or as gloss
- Has an eight color pigment ink set, and features individual 14ml ink cartridges
Many different inkjet printers can work well for printing onto transfer paper and then transferring to fabric using heat. This Cannon printer has a five color, individual ink system for beautiful looking photos and for easy ink replacement. The printer can support many different paper sizes, all the way up to 11×17 paper.
- Print from a computer, smartphone, or tablet
- Can print double sided as well, on double sided matte photo paper
- Also a copier and a scanner as well as a printer
This machine uses pressure and high degrees of heat to transfer images onto items. The machine has electronic time and heat control programming to allow for higher degrees of accuracy and customization. The machine already comes fully assembled.
- Works great on t-shirts, totes, and other apparel items, as well as many other non-fabric items
- The heat plate on the machine is aluminum and is Teflon coated for even heat distribution
- Machine gets hot up to 500 degrees F
Fabric Printer Buying Guide
Printing designs at home is a great way to customize and personalize items without spending a ton of money getting it done commercially. Printing can cost more money when done at the store and sometimes you’ll need to order in quantities that aren’t realistic if you’re just getting a project done for one or two people. Many inkjet printers will work for printing on all different types of transfer paper, though it is suggested that Epson printers and Epson inks often work very well for doing image transfers.
Buying on a Budget
Inkjet printers can be budget friendly if you wait for sale. Even if you don’t buy one on sale, many great quality printers can be purchased for under two hundred dollars. Depending on how often you use the printer, the ink might last for quite a long time. Inkjet printers can do so many things- they aren’t just great for image transfers, so if you need a quality printer that you can use for printing documents, photos, and more, an inkjet printer is often a great investment.
The quality of an image transfer might surprise you. Many times, a personalized item like a t-shirt, tote bag, or blanket, will actually turn out quite well. Transfer paper is often quite inexpensive in itself. You can now make your own logos, designs, personalized projects, and more, all at home. Some items like t-shirts and blank canvas totes, can also be purchased on a budget and are quite easy to customize.