Features of Brother CS6000i Sewing and Quilting Machine
The Brother CS6000i machine has some uber-cool features which will make it your favorite sewing buddy. You have the simple ones which will make your introduction to sewing interesting and the advanced features as you experiment further with your designs.
LCD Display Stitch Selector
The CS6000i has a backlit LCD display with buttons on its side. It displays the features that you have selected for a particular project including the type of stitch and sewing speed. The buttons on the side can be used to select a stitch from 60 different options.
Threading the machine and winding the bobbin has never been easier. The machine has simple diagrams printed on it that you can follow to ensure the bobbin does not come loose. It also gives you precise directions on how to thread the machine. The CS6000i also has a lever you can use to automatically thread the needle.
Adjustable Sewing Speed
The CS600i also features an adjustable sewing speed option. You can choose from three different speeds depending on your dexterity and one which gives you maximum control for the design you have in mind. Your choice of the sewing speed will also be displayed on the LCD screen.
Built-in Free Arm
The machine has a built-in free arm that provides more maneuverability. This feature will assist you in sewing pant legs, sleeves and other smaller cylindrical items.
- The machine is lightweight and portable.
- The sewing area is illuminated by a bright light so you can see exactly what you are doing.
- The CS6000i comes with an oversized table that is highly useful when you take up larger projects. Balancing a quilt, for instance, is much easier on a larger working area.
- Easy-to-use start, stop and reverse push buttons. You do not have to rely on the foot pedal.
- It can be used for thicker fabrics as well.
- Making buttonholes are a one-step process. You can choose the kind of buttonholes you want from seven different options.
- It comes with a hard protective case that will protect your machine from damage and dust when not in use.
- Eight sewing and quilting feet are included with the purchase.
- The display will also tell you which presser foot to use.
- It comes with a bilingual instruction manual that is clear and detailed. Setting it up should not be an issue at all.
- The machine tends to jam when you are sewing very thick materials.
- The tension tends to reduce especially when you are backstitching.
- Advanced technology also comes with a price. If the motherboard malfunctions, the machine cannot be used.
- The needle clamp is fragile.
- It is not very effective when you have multiple layers.
- Repairs are expensive.
Having put together the features, pros and cons of the Brother CS6000i, we believe it is a great option if you are a beginner to an intermediate level sewer. The automated functions would help you hone your skills. The machine can also be used to practice simple embroidery designs, so let the creative juices flow. There have been a few concerns raised about the durability of the machine considering how lightweight it is. But if you are taking price into account, it is definitely worth all the features it comes with.
Note: the newer Brother CS7000i is now available.
Leave a Reply