In this review of the Brother CS7000i, we’ll go over the features, pros, cons, and whether you should buy it.Check Today's Price on Amazon
The Brother CS7000i is an extremely feature-rich computerized sewing machine that’s especially great for quilting. It is a great option for all kinds of users, from beginners to advanced sewers regardless if you’re an amateur or a pro.
With 70 built-in heirloom stitches, you’ll be able to sew with a wide variety of fabrics. The sewing stitches include everything from decorative stitches to quilting stitches.
There are even seven styles of auto-size buttonholes. This machine is suitable for a range of users.
The Brother CS7000i is designed to be extremely easy to use. There are many convenient features included, such as:
- Bright backlit LCD screen display
- Automatic needle threader
- threading diagrams
- Quick-set bobbin system
- adjustable sewing speed control
There are several accessories included with the Brother CS7000i to ensure you have everything you’ll need right out the box. You’ll be equipped with 10 presser feet, zigzag foot, quilt guide, foot pedal, and a detachable wide table, with a hard protective case. The protective hard case alone usually runs $30.
The Brother CS7000i also includes several modern technology upgrades such as a Mode and Shift Key Stitch Selector Type, needle position stop, LED lighting, top bobbin, and automatic drop-feed. The Brother CS7000i is great for large projects with features that emphasize ease of use in quilting with thick fabrics. They even offer free technical support and free customer phone help and a live chat option on their website for the life of your machine. And don’t forget about the instruction manual which comes with every brother sewing machine.
- Great for both sewing and quilting. It can handle thick materials with ease
- Easy to use for a large project, such as sewing skinny jeans or your next quilting masterpiece
- 70 built-in stitches, including all of the important ones such as the blind stitch. You can sew a blind hem easily and adjust the stitch length in a snap
- Great price point at around $200
- Maximum sewing speed of 850 stitches per minute
- Surprisingly hand quick reference stitch guides
- Made by Brother, one of the best sewing machine brands.
- The Brother CS7000i is not meant to be a portable machine. It weighs just over 13 pounds, making transportation kind of a pain.
- At this price point, I would have liked to see a memory card reader and a USB port. But it’s not a huge deal.
- I would have liked to see built-in quilting stitches
The Brother CS7000i is a great improvement over the extremely popular Brother CS6000i. The Brother CS7000i offers a wide variety of stitch selections, great features, and comes with some important accessories.
While there are a few things that I would have liked to see come with the CS7000i, such as built-in quilting stitches, that’s not a big deal and isn’t enough to deter me from recommending the Brother CS7000i.
Overall, I think the Brother CS7000i is an amazing buy at around the $200 price point. You can’t go wrong in purchasing this machine.