Features of the Juki MO-1000 Serger
With unique features such as a jet air looper threader, long cutting knives and a variety of stitch options, the Juki MO-1000 Serger is a machine that can occupy a place of pride in any sewist’s workspace.
With the MO-1000, you can sew 7 different stitches, which include 2,3, and 4-thread overlocks, a narrow 3-thread overlock, a 3-thread flatlock, a 3-thread lettuce-edge rolled-hem stitch and a normal 3-thread rolled-hem stitch; making your projects look interesting and stylish just got a whole lot easier, with perfect, tight, secure stitches regardless of which stitch you choose.
Additionally, the stitch length can be adjusted between 1-4 mm, with a stitch width of 2 mm for the rolled-hem stitch, an adjustable width between 307 mm for the right needle and an adjustable width of 5-9 mm for the left.
Unique Looper Threader Function
A unique feature, the MO-1000 serger is equipped with a unique air jet function that pushes lower looper threads into place instantly with a strong air current. As opposed to the maze of threads that most serger owners have to deal with, this machine features two holes to easily insert threads, which further makes the process more convenient.
Threading the upper loopers is also just as easy, with color-coded guides letting you know where to insert which thread; after this, you only have to feed into the right opening (between 9-12 inches), push the “Air” button and let the automatic needle threader take over!
The MO-1000 comes with a longer knife blade than most other sewing machines, ensuring clean, even, perfect cuts every time, regardless of the type of fabric and its thickness. The blade can also be easily retracted by simply pushing a lever, making it easier to handle curved edges.
An Adjustable Differential Feed
For perfect stitches each time, whether you’re working with heavy fabrics, light fabrics, stretchy fabrics, normal fabrics or even reptile skin, the feed on the MO-1000, in a 0.7 mm to 2 mm ratio, can be adjusted while using the machine.
Controls That Are Easy-to-Reach
The controls of the MO-1000 are located on its right side, making it easy and convenient to quickly change settings, such as the differential feed and stitch length, without interrupting your work.
The accessories that come with the Juki MO-1000 Serger include:
- An instruction manual and DVD
- 7 presser feet (snap-on)
- A lint brush
- A thread cutter
- A blind-stitch facility
- An elasticator
- A gathering
- Unlike some other Juki models that only come with 5-year warranties, the MO-1000 comes with a 25-year warranty on mechanical components, a 2-year warranty on electrical components and a year-long warranty on labor.
- The warranty also indicates the manufacturer’s faith in and expectancy of the product’s life.
- 1,500 stitches per minute, letting you quickly and efficiently finish your projects.
- Operates quietly.
- Has an LED-lit workspace.
- A scrap collector is provided as a standard accessory, helping you keep the workspace neat and tidy.
- A unique, patented threading function which makes threading uber-simple
- Extremely user friendly.
- Designed with the safety of the user in mind; for example, the machine doesn’t operate if the front cover door is not properly shut or the presser foot is in the “up” position.
- Though the scrap catcher comes as a standard accessory, it’s awkwardly placed and doesn’t always catch the scraps.
- The instruction manual is hard to follow; without the DVD, users would be at a loss what to do!
- Some users have also complained that the threading feature is hard to use, pushing the thread away instead of sucking it in.
You can see that with the Juki MO-1000 Serger, the company has gone all out and spared nothing when it comes to quality and technological innovation. Quiet, sturdy, and versatile, the MO-1000 is brimming with features engineered to enhance the comfort and convenience of the user, such as high-speed stitching, a wide throat area and automatic threading, minus the incredibly high price tag that such features usually warrant.
All in all, the MO-1000 justifies why Juki is, time and again, voted as one of the best sewing machine brands out there!