Bernette Airlock 64 Features
Check Today's Price on SewingMachinesPlus One thing we appreciate about the Airlock 64 is how many features it packs. Despite being a budgeted tool, this computerized tool doesn’t compromise on features.
Large Working Space
There will be times where you would want to sew up lengthy fabrics. In such a case, ample working space will be feasible. Thankfully, the Bernette Airlock 64 comes with a 130 mm room. This large dimension is handy when you are dealing with sewing projects.
Some sewing projects take the whole day, which includes working the entire night. Also, you might not have a good source of illumination during the night. Take a breath of relief as the Bernette Airlock 64 has five bright LEDs in place.
Micro Thread Control
Many beginners are unaware of this feature. Bernette used the MTC features for the first time in Airlock 64 model.
Owing to the micro thread control, you don’t have to keep setting the thread tension repetitively. Even if you adjust the fabric thickness and cutting width, this feature will handle it for you.
Integrated Free Arm
Most of the units these days have an integrated free arm. This free arm is an essential feature if you want to work on tubular projects. For those who are not aware, the free arm’s purpose is to sew one layer of fabric without catching the other.
While sewing pants, necklines, and sleeves, there are two layers of fabric. These tube projects have dual layers. Therefore, whenever you think of sewing up such items, you can use the integrated free arm on this unit.
Free Hand System
It’s no secret that sewing demands multitasking. One time you’re holding the fabric and using the same hand; you might have to use other features on the machine. Thanks to Bernette for including a freehand system in this model.
The unit equips a knee lifter so that your hands only have the task of handling the fabric.
Bernette Airlock 64 Performance
Without measuring the performance of the Bernette Airlock 64, this review will be incomplete. We’ll measure the performance of the Airlock 64 in four different aspects. Let’s see how the model scores in different performance aspects.
Design & Physical Attributes
The Bernette Airlock 64 dons an all-white look. As compared to all the modern sewing units, it matches the aesthetic style. It somewhat has an industrial look. The Airlock 64 is neither too huge nor too small. The size is perfect for home workstations or dorms.
If you are looking for a portable unit, this might not be it. It features an exclusively large slide-on table. Bernette uses a high-quality exterior to make sure that the tool lasts for years to come.
It would be an understatement to say that the Bernette Airlock 64 is a sewing guru. The sewing speed is where this machine shines. With a lighting fast 1,300 stitches per minute, it won’t take time to stitch up a dozen materials.
Therefore, you can also use the Airlock 64 for commercial purposes. The sewing quality is neat and near perfect. However, with a limited amount of stitches, there’s not much versatility to this unit.
As far as handling fabrics come to play, Bernette Airlock 64 plays it safe. With the lightweight fabrics, you don’t have any problem. Perhaps if you use quilting materials, the motor might strain.
So, refrain from using any materials like leather, suede, or any heavy-weight fabric with this unit.
Bernette Airlock 64 Pros
The pros of the Bernette Airlock 65 are as follows:
- There’s a 10-year limited warranty on this product.
- Beginners will find the mechanism of the unit easy to understand.
- With a sewing speed of 1300 stitches per minute, you’ll finish your projects instantly.
- Bernette offers dozens of accessories with the product.
- The five LED lights on this unit ensure correct illumination.
- You can also stitch up pants, sleeves, and other tubular items with the free arm.
- Whenever the cover is open, the safety switches automatically activate.
Bernette Airlock 64 Cons
Many of you might want to be aware of the snags in the Airlock 64 before buying it. The cons of the Bernette Airlock 65 are as follows:
- The number of stitches is limited.
- It lacks advanced features.
How Does Bernette Airlock 64 Fare Against Competition?
You might be wondering that a budgeted sewing machine might lag in the competition. However, that’s untrue. However, you might find many models at the same price level. So, what gives the Bernette Airlock 64 a superior edge?
A sneak peek of this section will help you to understand what makes the Airlock 64 a game-changer.
- There are very few machines following the same price point that offering a stitching speed of 1300.
- Not all the models in the market come with such brightly lit working space. The five LED lights certainly are beneficial for sewists with vision deficiencies.
- The color-coded thread paths are a unique touch to the Bernette Airlock 64.
- Also, the Micro Thread Control feature grants exceptional stitch qualities to the Airlock 64.
- Unlike competing sewing machines, you don’t have to set the thread tension repetitively.
- Its ability to handle all varieties of fabric, which might be uncommon for machines with a similar price tag.
- Additionally, the warranty period for the Bernette Airlock 64 is better than that of the average warranty period of competitors.
- Most of the brands in the market forget to consider the safety of the user, but not this one. For Bernette, user safety is equally important as stitch quality. The machine activates the safety switch when you open the cover.
Why Should You Choose the Product?
The Bernette Airlock 64 is for anyone who is looking for a reliable sewing tool. Moreover, if you deal with medium to heavyweight fabrics, this unit will feel beneficial. There are also other reasons why you should pick the Bernette Airlock 64.
- Leading Brand: It’s hard to go wrong with a brand like Bernette. A unit that comes from a renowned brand ought to have good quality and performance.
- Value For Money: The Bernette Airlock 64 is one of the most budgeted models in the market.
- Efficient: Airlock 64 embraces efficiency like no one else. It decks up with all the essential and advanced features.
- Stitching Speed: If you are running a sewing business, you can complete multiple tasks with a speed of 1300 spm.
- User-Friendly For Beginners: It is a misconception that products with bells and whistles are not beginner-friendly. Users claim that the unit takes only a couple of days to understand.
In conclusion, considering all the good and bad of the Bernette Airlock 64, the unit emerges victorious. It has an overwhelming lineup of features that all sewists will equally love. All in all, the Bernette Airlock 64 is a unique proposition and a must-try for sewing hobbyists and experts.