Having your own sewing machine gives you the freedom to experiment with the craft and your creativity. With the Designio DZ3000, you can master the art of making beautiful garments and quilts.
With over 200 custom stitches and all the designer accessories, the machine will appeal to the artist in you. Continue reading this review to know why this is a great choice for you.
Features of DZ3000 Sewing and Quilting Machine
The DZ3000 is a highly versatile and computerized machine that can provide for most of your sewing and quilting needs. Here are some of its best features.
Circular Sewing Attachment
The USP of the DZ3000 which is not there in other Brother machines is its distinctive circular sewing attachment. You can create circular patterns with straight stitching, zig-zag or any of the many designer stitches available in the machine. Imagine how many designs and patterns you can create with this feature.
The DZ3000 has a large LCD screen on its body. The display is backlit and clearly shows the stitching pattern and width in large font. You can change your choices with the press of a single button.
Free Motion Quilting
The DZ3000 also gives you the option of disengaging the feed dogs so you can have full control over the fabric. With this feature, you are ready to create your customized quilts with intricate patterns.
Advanced Threading System
Like all the advanced Brother machines, the DZ3000 has an advanced threading system. Gone are the days you struggle to get the thread into the eye of the needle. The machine uses the exclusive Brother Quick-Set top-load system to keep your bobbin in place.
- The DZ3000 has 240 built-in stitches and eight buttonholes which can be sewed in a single step.
- Along with the stitches and the buttonholes, the DZ3000 has two monogram fonts incorporated into it. You can personalize your design using any of the 110 characters that include letters of the alphabet, numbers, punctuation marks and special symbols.
- All the stitch options are represented by numbers on the LCD display. You can refer to the corresponding pattern on an easily accessible flip-chart that is part of the machine.
- The work area is brightly lit so you can actually see how the stitches look.
- The purpose of the machine is to make your life easier. You do not have to struggle with a foot pedal anymore. With a simple start and stop button, your machine will come to life.
- The DZ3000 also has adjustable stitching speed options.
- It uses 7-point feed dogs for the fabric to move smoothly.
- It comes with 14 different feet for your sewing and quilting needs.
- A wide table is included with your purchase. You can use this when you are working on larger pieces of fabric.
- The bobbin is enclosed by a see-through cover so you know when you are running out of thread.
- The purchase also includes a hard carrying case that protects your machine from dust and damage.
- It also comes with a detailed bilingual instruction manual.
- The machine can get noisy with extended use.
- Some reviews suggest that the decorative stitches malfunction after a while.
- The monogram fonts are small.
- The bobbin tends to unwind. The size is also slightly smaller than your regular bobbin.
- The body of this sewing machine is made out of plastic.
- It can be a tad overwhelming for beginners.
The Designio DZ3000 is a solid choice if you are an intermediate or an advanced sewer. It gives you the scope to sew, quilt and embroider. While it is slightly pricier than the other Brother models, it is still quite affordable compared to other brands in the market.