|Homespun||Lightweight broadcloth fabric, versatile and durable||100% Cotton||Machine wash, tumble dry on low heat||20 different colors||Can be used for lining, quilting, crafts, apparel||–|
|Michael Miller Lovely Llamas||Fun, trendy llama prints||100% Cotton||Machine wash cold, tumble dry on low heat||Llama and cactus prints||Can be used for accessories, décor, quilting, apparel||–|
|Micro Fiber DWR Poplin||Waterproof, lightweight poplin fabric for heavy wear and use||100% Polyester||Machine wash cold, tumble dry with low heat||–||Can be used for a variety of apparel projects||–|
|55″ Polyester China Silk Lining||Lightweight, extremely soft, for extra luxury or class||100% Polyester||Machine wash and dry on low heat||Six different colors||Can be used for other apparel projects||Budget friendly|
|Kona Cotton||Lightweight broadcloth fabric, versatile and durable||100% Cotton||Machine wash cold, tumble dry on low heat||–||Can be used for apparel items and quilting||Budget friendly|
Purse Lining Buying Guide
- Patterned Fabrics: Consider patterned fabric for the inner lining of a purse. Choices can range from firmer muslin or gingham, a heavier cotton, or something lightweight and fun.
- Price and Versatility: Lining fabrics like cottons and polyester fabrics are usually budget friendly. They can also be used for other apparel, accessory, décor, or quilting projects, reducing waste. They are generally quite durable even when lightweight.
Table of Contents
Best Fabric for Purse Lining
Here are our fabric for purse lining reviews:
This fabric is a lightweight broadcloth. It is 100% cotton. Cotton can be a great fabric for lining purses, totes, or other bags. It is a versatile fabric, is generally durable, comes in many different colors, and should hold up to use and wear well.
- The fabric can be used for lining, quilting, crafts, apparel, and more
- Machine wash and tumble dry on low heat
- Comes in 20 different colors
For a lining that is different, trendy, and a lot of fun, consider this line of llama prints. Some people choose to line their purses and bags with a fun fabric as a bit of a surprise. This line of lightweight fabric is 100% cotton. Cotton breathes well and is generally durable.
- This fabric is versatile and can be used for accessories, décor, quilting, apparel, and more
- Machine wash on cold and tumble dry on low heat
- This line also features cactuses and complimentary prints
Looking for a waterproof lining? This fabric could be perfect for purse lining for bags that are going to need to hold up to heavier wear and use. Some purses are made for more utility functions. This line of poplin fabric is lightweight and is made from 100% polyester.
- This fabric is extremely versatile and is great for a variety of apparel projects
- Features a soft, matte face and a smooth, low lustre backing and has a water repellent finish
- Machine wash on cold and tumble dry with low heat
For lining purses that require a little bit of extra luxury or class, consider this silk 100% polyester fabric. It is very lightweight and is extremely soft. Polyester is also known to be durable, which makes it perfect for purse lining. The fabric is versatile and can also be used for other apparel projects.
- Machine wash and dry on low heat
- This line of fabric comes in six different colors
- Very budget friendly
5. Kona Cotton
This lightweight broadcloth fabric is 100% cotton. It is perfect for purse lining. Though it is lightweight, cotton fabric is very versatile, breathes well so it generally won’t trap in odors, and is durable. The fabric comes in many different colors. The fabric can also be used for apparel items and quilting.
- The fabric has the Confidence in Textiles Certification
- Machine wash on cold and tumble dry on low heat
- Budget friendly
Fabric for Purse Lining Buying Guide
Many different fabrics can be used to line a purse. It really does come down to personal preference. Some people don’t like the more silky texture of polyester while other people like the properties of the fabric. Some people like structured, thicker cotton while others like a lining that is semi-sheer or lighter weight. Some want something plain in black or white with others want something that is just as fun and exciting as the outside.
You might not have considered a patterned fabric for the inner lining of a purse, but there are so many great fabrics out there, it’s a great choice for the inside fabric to have a pattern. Pick a firmer muslin or gingham, a heavier cotton, or something lightweight and fun. If you’re lining a purse in cotton, there are pretty much limitless choices.
Price and Versatility
If you’re worried that the lining for your purse might cost as much as the outside, don’t be. Lining fabrics, like many other cottons and polyester fabrics, can usually be purchased on a budget. Even fun, trendy fabrics are usually quite budget friendly. Many cottons and polyesters that can be used for lining can also be used for other apparel, accessory, décor, or quilting projects, which helps eliminate waste. Polyester and cotton are generally quite durable, so even lightweight fabrics should hold up for lining.