Features of the Juki HZL-F300 Sewing and Quilting Machine
What You Will Learn
- 1 Features of the Juki HZL-F300 Sewing and Quilting Machine
- 1.1 Buttonhole Facilities
- 1.2 Direct Selection of Patterns
- 1.3 Built-In Needle Threader
- 1.4 Adjustable Cutting Width
- 1.5 Thread Trimmer
- 1.6 Quick-Thread Bobbin Case and Independent Bobbin Winder
- 1.7 Manual and Automated Tension Control
- 1.8 Steel Feed Dog System
- 1.9 Needle Placement and Perfect Stitch
- 1.10 Accessories
- 1.11 Other Features
- 2 Pros
- 3 Cons
The Juki F300 doesn’t have arrows to indicate the different speeds; instead, it has a turtle to indicate the slowest pace, followed by 5 dots that lead to a hare, representing the fastest pace. This is just one of the many user-friendly features that this machine comes with!
Read on to know more of its outstanding features!
As mentioned earlier, the F300 comes with 16 buttonhole options, one of its standout features. With an electronic sensor that’s flawlessly balanced to place your buttonholes, industrial style sewing within the comfort of your home is now possible!
Direct Selection of Patterns
With a one-touch pattern-selection facility, the F300 lets you start your sewing quickly and with minimal setup. The machine has 10 buttons that let you choose from different sewing patterns, including overlocking, stretch stitching, blanket stitching, pie stitching, applique and invisible hemming; all you need to do is press a button to get your desired sewing pattern.
Additionally, the F300 comes with an LCD screen that displays the different patterns and stitches; it also recommends which presser to use for a chosen stitch. You can also the width and length of the stitches by readjusting the designated dial; the LCD screen will display your chosen settings.
Built-In Needle Threader
To minimize the effort involved in threading needles, the F300 comes with an automatic needle threader that lets you save precious time and get started on your project ASAP! All it takes is a push of the designated lever.
Adjustable Cutting Width
The F300 lets you adjust the size of buttonholes by increasing or decreasing the size of the stitches; this is a step above most other machines that only let you customize the stitch size. This gives you the freedom to incorporate both thin and wide buttons in both thick and thin fabrics.
One of its advanced features, the thread trimmer lets you trim threads in 3 different ways for quick and precise cutting — with a unique foot-controlled trimming system, an automatically programmed trim, or using your heels on the foot controller.
Quick-Thread Bobbin Case and Independent Bobbin Winder
With the quick-thread bobbin case feature, it’s extremely easy to place the bobbin in the machine; all you have to do is follow the threading path markings and start sewing.
Additionally, you can wind your bobbin and sew fabric at the same time with the F300; the machine makes quick work of a tedious task like bobbin winding, thanks to an independent motor.
Manual and Automated Tension Control
The F300 comes equipped with an automatic thread-tension feature that lets you increase or decrease the tension to produce new effects in your stitching. You can also control the tension manually via a dial.
Steel Feed Dog System
To handle heavy fabrics as easily as you would handle light fabrics, the F300 comes equipped with an industrial-style box-feed system that allows projects to flow smoothly sans any hassles, regardless of the type of fabric.
Needle Placement and Perfect Stitch
The F300 comes with a “variable needle position” feature that lets you place the needle anywhere, as well as allowing you to alter the pattern’s position, without any alterations in its width. This means that you can also alter the zigzag stitching to get the perfect applique work.
The F300 comes with a range of additional accessories, such as:
- 16 presser feet
- A quilt guide
- Twin needle
- A lint brush
- Extra needles
- A spool pin
- 3 spool caps
- A seam ripper
- A hardcover
Some of the F300’s other features include:
- Adjustable speed slide control
- A precision feeding system
- A drop-feed feature
- A start/stop button
- Needle up/down feature
- Around 105 decorative, utility and alphabetical stitch options
- 3 alphanumeric fonts
- A free arm
- An LED-lit workspace
- An in-built case for accessories
- Controllable buzzer volume
- 8 in-built languages
- 900 stitches per minute
- The wide variety of stitch options, especially the 16 buttonhole options, letting you explore your creativity
- Easy industrial-style sewing at home
- A wide number of presser feet (16) for ultimate stitching control
- The steel feed dog feature that ensures easy handling of any fabric
- Well built and sturdy, minimizing stitch-skipping
- Simple to use, with tons of user-friendly features
- A large, well-lit workspace
- 900 stitches per minute is still a little slow for some users, especially when there are machines that can max out 1,100 stitches per minute.
- Quite a few users have also stated that the machine only worked for a month or so before malfunctioning.
- Some users have also stated that customer service is unsatisfactory.
- Some users have reported the problem of stitch skipping and squeaky noises.
The Juki HZL-F300 is one of the best sewing machine options in general, but especially if you’re looking to transition from the classic mechanical model to a computerized one. It’s also a great option for those who quilt regularly or use a lot of decorative stitching in their projects.
Additionally, the machine is just as great for advanced sewists as it is for beginners, with all the basic features but sufficient advanced features to keep any professional sewist happy. Therefore, if you’re someone who enjoys exploring your creativity and indulging in free-motion stitching, the HZL-F300 promises to be a fun ride!