Janome’s HD1000 Mechanical Sewing Machine is a beast, constructed to be as sturdy and stable as an oak with features that are extremely user friendly, resulting in a smooth, enjoyable and hassle-free sewing experience.
What contributes to this reliable machine’s sturdy make is its heavy-duty aluminum body, which not only keeps the machine shake-free while in operation but also equips it to handle a range of fabrics and stitches.
You’ll find 14 in-built stitch options and a 4-step buttonhole, while extra features like the built-in needle threader and storage tray totally earn brownie points!
Table of Contents
Features of the Janome HD1000 Mechanical Sewing Machine
The Janome HD1000, as mentioned before, comes equipped with quite a few outstanding features that manage to combine efficiency and user friendliness. The following features make it a great investment:
One of the machine’s standout features is its sturdy construction and durability, thanks to the entirely aluminum composition. It also has a powerful 1.0 amp motor which explains the “HD” in its name.
Additionally, the Janome HD1000 comes with a 25-year limited warranty that shows not just the manufacturer’s confidence in their product, but also how long a life they expect it to live.
Built-In Adjustable Stitches
The Janome HD1000 comes equipped with 14 stitches (including utility and stretch stitches) and a 4-step buttonhole.
The length of the stitches can be adjusted via a dial (just as you can choose the type of stitch with another dial), which makes it easy and convenient to quickly and smoothly change stitches when working with different fabrics.
Reverse Level Stitching Facility
If you want to stitch backward to strengthen your stitches, the Janome HD1000 provides you with the option of doing so, through a reverse lever. This ensures that your stitches are durable and not prone to unraveling, even through several machine washes.
Built-In Needle Threader
To make quick work of the tedious task of needle threading, the Janome HD1000 comes with a built-in needle threader that automatically threads the needle for you, saving you a ton of time and effort.
One of the best parts about the Janome HD1000 sewing machine is how easily you can quilt, thanks to the efficient combination of the Drop Feed feature and the 3-piece feed dogs. This lets you darn, stipple and sew on accessories extremely easily in a free-motion style.
Built-In Thread Cutter
Though underrated, a built-in thread cutter can save you quite a bit of time; the time that you would spend looking for your scissors every time you want to cut off thread from the machine. This can also interfere with any rhythm that you have going for you in the process. The built-in thread cutter keeps both, your time and your concentration, intact while quickly cutting of threads when required.
The Janome HD1000 also comes with a range of accessories, such as:
- 3 different snap-on presser feet (buttonhole, zipper and hemmer feet)
- 10 bobbins
- 3 screwdrivers
- A needle set
- A hem guide
- A user manual
The Janome HD1000 also comes with a free arm that allows you to conveniently sew rounded objects, such as collars, cuffs, pants and the like. The maximum stitch width is 5 mm, whereas the maximum stitch length is 4 mm.
- Highly durable thanks to the metal chassis and almost 0 inclusion of plastic in its construction.
- Extremely user friendly and easy to use thanks to a clear instruction manual, the limited stitch selections and easy-to-adjust dials; just as suitable for beginners as it is for expert sewists.
- Equally efficient with light fabrics as it is with heavy fabrics, thanks to advanced features, heavy-duty construction and durability (with proper needle selection and adjustment, of course).
- Allows free-motion quilting.
- Is suitable even for multi-layer fabrics and leather.
- Excellent stitch quality.
- Its heavy duty construction may lend to its durability, but it also lends to the machine’s weight (16.8 pounds) and hence, difficulty in transporting it.
- Only has utility stitches and no decorative stitches.
- Some users have reported that the machine tends to overheat and jam.
- To access the front-loaded bobbin, you have to remove the accessory table as well as open the bobbin door.
A product offering from a trusted brand, the Janome HD1000 is heavy duty, reliable, and great for learners and sewists of all levels, whether beginners or professionals; however, the sewing machine is extremely basic, so don’t expect any fancy features or stitches! That being said, you’d be hard pressed to find a mechanical sewing machine as sturdy and as user friendly as the Janome HD1000.