Table of Contents
- 1 10 Best Heat Transfer Printers
- 1.1 Brother HL-L2320D Laser Printer
- 1.2 Epson Stylus C88+ Inkjet Printer
- 1.3 HP LaserJet Pro M452dw Laser Printer
- 1.4 WorkForce WF-7710 Inkjet Printer
- 1.5 Canon MX492 Wireless Printer
- 1.6 Epson Expression HD XP-15000 Colour Printer
- 1.7 Canon PIXMA TS9520 Printer
- 1.8 Epson Artisan 1430 Inkjet Printer
- 1.9 HP Neverstop All-in-One Laser Printer
- 1.10 Canon IP8720 Wireless Printer
- 2 Top Best Heat Transfer Printers Buyer’s Guide
- 3 Frequently Asked Questions about the 10 Best Heat Transfer Printers
10 Best Heat Transfer Printers
Are you curious to find out the top 10 best thermal transfer printers on our list? Then let’s check them out. Here are the reviews for the top-best top 10 best heat transfer printers.
|Brother HL-L2320D Laser Printer
|Epson Stylus C88+ Inkjet
|HP Laserjet Pro M452dw Wireless Color Printer
|WorkForce WF-7710 Wireless Wide-format Color Inkjet Printer
|Canon MX492 Black Wireless All-IN-One Small Printer
|Heat Transfer Printer
|Brother HL-L2320D Laser Printer
|Affordable, fast printing, duplex printing
|Black and white only, no WiFi or Bluetooth
|Epson Stylus C88+ Inkjet Printer
|Durable, includes editing software, pigment-based inks
|CISS for sublimation ink only
|HP LaserJet Pro M452dw Laser Printer
|Sleek touch screen, wireless connectivity, duplex printing
|Not compact, limited paper sizes for borderless printing
|WorkForce WF-7710 Inkjet Printer
|High-quality prints, environment-friendly, supports various connectivity options
|Compatible with Genuine Epson ink only
|Canon MX492 Wireless Printer
|Compact size, wireless printing, XL-sized cartridges
|Slower printing speed
|Epson Expression HD XP-15000 Colour Printer
|Wide format prints, high resolution, ink replenishment feature
|Requires Claria HD inks
|Canon PIXMA TS9520 Printer
|All-in-one functionality, various connectivity options, fast printing
|Limited paper types for borderless printing
|Epson Artisan 1430 Inkjet Printer
|Professional-quality prints, Claria hi-definition ink, scratch-resistant prints
|HP Neverstop All-in-One Laser Printer
|Affordable, cartridge-free function, easy mobile printing
|Black and white only, limited printing options
|Canon IP8720 Wireless Printer
|Compatible with various operating systems, high resolution prints, economical
|Limited paper compatibility for borderless printing
Please note that the pros and cons mentioned above are based on the information provided in the article. Individual experiences with these printers may vary.
Are you looking for a printer that would not only give you pretty fabric and thermal prints but would also double as a regular printer for the odd jobs? Then this Brother Laser printer is one of the top 10 best heat transfer printers around.
Why We Like It
- Very affordable and provides value for money
- Can print out 30 regular prints every minute
- It comes with speedy duplex printing technology.
The Epson Stylus C88+ is a very durable printer option. The top-quality transfer printing function is available because the printer is capable of CISS for sublimation ink printing and pigment-based inks, making it our third choice for a top 10 best heat transfer printer.
A big plus point of this printer is that it includes editing software. This allows you to touch up and edit your pictures to achieve your desired designs and styles. You’ll also have four different pigment-based ink options rather than regular ink options, which adds to your final prints’ quality. All kinds of papers like regular papers, photo paper, label paper, glossy paper, semi-gloss paper, matte paper, and envelopes are compatible with this printer.
You’ll have a USB 2.0, a USB standard port, and another USB port for local port connectivity.
Why We Like It
- The printer can support borderless printing.
- High-quality prints of 5760 x 1440 optimized dpi supported.
- You can use it for both regular printing and thermal printing use.
- BUILT TO KEEP YOUR BUSINESS MOVING FORWARD – Print consistently high-quality documents and vivid graphics with the HP Color LaserJet Pro M454dw, a wireless color laser printer designed to let you focus on growing your business
- HP WOLF PRO SECURITY – Protect company data and safeguard against cyberattacks with protection built into the printer hardware, firmware and OS
- WALK-UP USB PRINTING - Print Microsoft Office-formatted files in addition to PDFs right off your USB drive, using a port on the front of the printer, and save paper with automatic 2-sided printing
- PRINT WITH OR WITHOUT A NETWORK – Use built-in Wi-Fi Direct to connect your smartphone directly to your wireless color laser printer for easy mobile printing, even without a local network connection
- MANAGE TASKS QUICKLY AND EASILY – Take control of your projects with this laser printer's intuitive 2.7" color touchscreen, 250-sheet input tray, and print speeds of up to 28 pages a minute
- ENHANCED ENERGY EFFICIENCY – Designed with the environment in mind, HP Color LaserJet Pro M454dw saves up to 11% energy over prior products, with technologies that help reduce paper waste
- TONER CARTRIDGES YOU CAN TRUST – Avoid reprints, wasted supplies, and service calls by using Original HP 414A/414X toner cartridges designed for your laser printer
- ONE-YEAR LIMITED HARDWARE WARRANTY – Get help with 24-hour, 7 days a week FREE HP Web support. See specification sheet for terms and conditions
- This printer is intended to work only with cartridges with original HP chips or circuitry and will block cartridges using non-HP chips or circuitry. Periodic firmware updates will maintain the effectiveness of these measures. More at
HP is one of the most trusted, used, and popular brands for printers, and rightly so. This particular HP printer includes sleek and modern touch screen technology that allows this wireless printer to execute double-sided high-resolution printing.
You have the wifi connectivity options to connect your printer to multiple other gadgets or users as the printer allows ten users to connect to it at the same time. This feature makes it very useful to be used in offices for small businesses and entrepreneurs.
The printer is not as compact as other printers, but that’s because it’s designed to meet your huge demands. It can churn out 28 sheets every minute and has up to 300 sheets of input capacity. The touch screen panel allows you to control the commands for printing and ensure that your privacy is completely guarded. With the manual commands options, you can rest assured that there would be no confidential information that could be compromised.
Why We Like It
- It comes with a duplex printing option.
- Minimal wastage, delays, and issues if the recommended ink toners
- Has the capacity to print on all paper sizes
This printer delivers high-quality prints, but it’s mostly only compatible with the Genuine Epson ink- the recommended ink for this printer. There is a possibility of the printer getting damaged if any other ink is used, so it’s best to stick to the recommended ink option.
As the PrecisionCore software technology powers the printer, it features better quality inkjet prints. The printer can easily handle heat transfer prints, and the results are even higher in quality and resolution than the laser printers.
This printer is also an incredibly economical option and is very environmentally friendly as well. It saves up electricity as it uses around 80% less electricity than many other printers.
The printer is compatible with all- wifi, USB, Fax, and ethernet while also supporting cloud and NFC activities. The cartridges are the 4x DURABrite Ultra Ink cartridge with a high 4800 x 2400 dpi printing resolution for vivid printing.
Why We Like It
- A scanner of 1200 x 2400 dpi available that facilitates saving digital files
- It has a monthly duty cycle of around 20,000 pages.
- You can make 13” x 19” wide format prints.
This modern-day Canon wireless printer allows you to conveniently and wirelessly print anything from your computer, laptop, mobiles, tablets, iPads, and more. There’s even a Print app available along with Google cloud and AirPrint to make things even easier for you to control.
One of its advantages is that it’s small in size and compact so that you can set it up just about anywhere. Be it your work offices, home offices, house, or dorms.
You save time and effort with this thermal printer for up to 20 sheets as the printer includes an Auto Document Feeder option as well.
Due to the XL-sized cartridges, the printer’s ink capacity is also higher than many, which makes it ideal for large batches of thermal transfer prints. The printer has a printing speed of 8.8 ipm for black prints and a 4.4 ipm for color prints, which saves a lot of time.
Why We Like It
- Has functionality of a printer, faxer, copier, and scanner together
- It has a 30% smaller size when compared to other regular printers.
- Extremely affordable and economical
This is another wireless color printer from Epson that provides wide formatted prints that can be incredibly convenient for big and small heat transfer printing. You can easily print on a wide variety of materials, fabrics, and papers using this printer.
The Epson printer uses boosted white and black photo printing with red and gray individual inks to offer a wide collection of colors. For inks, there are six individual colors Claria HD inks, allowing your prints to be of 5760 x 1440 dpi.
Conveniently the printer also comes with an ink replenishment fracture. This will minimize ink wastage and help you use the ink refill for much longer than you could have hoped for. The machine also reorders the ink refill once it’s low on it. It helps you easily keep track of your ink levels, with the compatibility to support up to 13″ x 19″ media for borderless printing.
Why We Like It
- It has a speed of 9.2 ipm for black prints and a 9.0 ipm for color prints.
- Easy to install and set up
- Has an array of connectivity options including wifi, remote, android, and AirPrint
The Canon PIXMA is one of the best for high-quality heat or thermal transfer printing jobs. It’s an all-in-one printer, so you can carry out your home and work printing, faxing, scanning, and copying jobs all from this handy printer.
Along with the various connectivity options available, including everything from remote to UBB to cloud options, you can also make prints from your SD cards. There is also an LCD touch screen attached that displays the options and controls clearly for you for better access and control. The variety of papers on which borderless printing is possible is limited. So not all paper types for various heat transfers are compatible with its borderless printing feature.
With the five-color individual system of ink, you can now easily replace the ink color that has run out. You won’t need to replace any other besides the color that has a low ink level. It has one of the fastest images per minute printing options that makes it ideal for heat transfer prints.
Why We Like It
- It has a 15 ipm speed for black prints and a ten ipm speed for color prints.
- Prints of high resolution possible
- Wireless and convenient printing available
Though the Epson Artisan inkjet printer’s affordability might be lower, the quality and durability of the printer remain unmatched.
For businesses and work involving large volumes of heat transfer printing jobs, this printer would deliver not only vivid and professional-looking prints but also allow you to edit them as you please. There are options for light correction, advanced color edit options, and more. Your prints would also come out extremely clear as the printer uses Claria hi-definition ink, which also secures your prints’ quality.
The different colors included are magenta, cyan, black, yellow, light cyan, and light magenta, making it possible to print numerous combinations of colors. Your prints would be scratch and fade resistant, water and smudge-proof, and won’t easily tear or rip.
Why We Like It
- Prints from the printer can last four times longer than photo prints from the lab.
- Easy setup and detailed instruction manual, which makes it ideal for beginner use as well
- Wifi connectivity option included.
It wouldn’t be easy to find a more affordable yet high-quality printer for your heat or thermal transfer printing jobs. Heat transfer prints are more efficient when they’re compatible with lasers so that the HP Neverstop will provide you with an economical and efficient printing experience.
However, it’s important to note that the printer can print only in Black and white. Printing of letters and labels and design would be incredibly resourceful with this printer.
With its incredible affordability, this printer would be one of the best choices if you want to begin with heat transfer prints. For ease of convenience, you can also easily make prints using the HP app using your devices and gadgets.
Why We Like It
- Can print both with network and without it
- Toner can last for up to 5000 pages.
- Less waste due to its cartridge-free function
Compatibility with various operating systems can be very important for efficient printing in today’s time. And Canon IP8720 is compatible with all. It weighs up to 18.6 pounds and has a dimension of 23.3 x 13.1 x 6.3 inches.
The prints for your heat transfer printing would be vivid and feature high clarity and quality with the 9600 x 2400 dpi and the six-color ink system. The printer can work productively for professional designers and photographers.
There are set up tank inks, setup CD ROM, disk tray, user manual, and a power cord included along with the printer.
Why We Like It
- Easy to use two-button control system
- Minimal noise level while printing
Top Best Heat Transfer Printers Buyer’s Guide
Factors like your own requirements, budget, and the features you want to include in your printers are important to consider. That’s why, with the help of this buyer’s guide, you can understand what features and functions of heat transfer printers you need to look out for. This will help you narrow down your choices and make it easier for you to decide your best pick from our top selections.
Printers come with different connectivity options from ethernet, wifi, USB port, Bluetooth, remote, and cloud. Some printers only support USB port local connectivity and don’t have wifi or Bluetooth options. In such cases, if you require them, it’s better to look out for those specifications when choosing your thermal transfer printers.
The speed at which your printer prints the papers also matters, especially if you want to use it for bulk and batch orders. A faster printing speed would be time and energy-efficient for you. There are various printing speeds per paper available, and some even go as high as 30 pages per minute.
The number of choices you have for the different ink colors is also important to consider. Some printers only support black and white printing, while others have color printing options. Some even include various combinations of colors to provide vivid and clear images for your thermal transfer print. It’s important to look at the recommended ink type that the printer supports.
Some printers used for heat transfer printing do not work well with the rink types other than their recommended ones. In such cases, you could even damage the printer. So it’s crucial to check upon the need for the recommended ink type for your printer.
The quality of your prints can be affected by the printer’s resolution and clarity settings. Some printers may not offer as clear and high-quality prints for thermal transfer printing. Often printers that can print vivid and clear pictures with a high resolution tend to be pricier than others.
How important the prints’ resolution and clarity are for you can determine your choice for a printer with higher resolution prints or a lower one.
Some printers are compatible with a wide variety of printing materials and papers, while some are not. For thermal transfer printing, it’s important to know if the printer supports thermal paper printing as well. Some printers even have the option to print on different textures, like matte, glossy, semi-glossy, and even envelope.
Frequently Asked Questions about the 10 Best Heat Transfer Printers
Which is better, inkjet printer or laser printer?
Primarily, you will find either inkjet printers or laser printers to be available for heat transfer printing use. If comparing, then inkjet printers often can print a wider variety of paper types and have higher quality prints than laser printers. However, laser printers are often more economical and have higher pinging speeds. So, there’s no one better than the other.
What printers can be used for heat transfer printing?
You’ll mostly find inkjet and laser printers doubling as heat transfer printers. There are rarely if any, printers made solely for thermal transfer print jobs. When looking for a heat transfer printer, its ability to handle thermal transfer printing paper or not needing any to print using heat transfers is what you should consider.
How is sublimation different from heat transfer printing?
Both use heat to transfer the print onto other materials like fabrics, etc. however, in sublimation printing, the ink used is sublimation ink. In contrast, for heat transfer, other pigment-based inks can be used.
In sublimation, the design meshes with the fabric’s material and doesn’t form a separate layer of design. It is more durable and less prone to fading. In heat transfer printing, a layer of ink is formed between the fabric and the design as the material does not absorb it.
They tend not to last as long. However, in sublimation, you can mostly print onto light-colored lateral, while there are no such restrictions in heat transfer printings.