|Addi Express King Size||– Can knit items up to 45cm wide or circular items up to 35cm
– Easy to set up and clamps to the table
– Accommodates yarn from 3.5 to 8mm
|– Limited width for circular items
– Limited yarn weight range
|Prym Midi Knitting Mill||– Low-cost option
– Makes quick work of knitting projects
– Adjustable tension for various yarns
|– Limited stitch count
– Not suitable for fine yarns
|Caron The Ultimate Sweater||– Can make a range of knitted projects
– Step-by-step instructions
– Includes key plates for different needle sizes
|– Expensive investment
– Requires prior knitting experience
|HTOYES Round Knitting Machine||– Affordable option
– Easy operation for beginners
– Suitable for a wide range of yarns
|– Limited needle points
– Not suitable for thick yarns
|LK150 6.5mm Mid Gauge||– Lightweight and portable
– Can knit projects up to 150 stitches across
– Suitable for most types of yarn
|– Limited stitch width
– Not suitable for very thin or thick yarns
Table of Contents
Best Knitting Machines
Here are our knitting machine reviews.
The Addi Express King Size model is a great investment for knitters who want to turn out knitted items quickly and easily. It can be used to create items up to 45cm wide or circular items which are 35cm. It is easy to set up and clamps to the table so that it will not slip.
- Circular items knit to approximately 35cm
- Knit by simply winding the handle
- Can accommodate yarn from 3.5 to 8mm
The Prym Midi model is a low-cost option for knitters who want to knit items quickly and easily. It can make items up to 16 stitches across and 20 stitches in the round. The machine makes very quick work of knitting projects, knitting 459 yards of yarn in as little as 15 minutes. Its adjustable tension means it can be used with a wide range of yarns.
- Knit by turning the handle
- Suitable for medium to heavy weight yarns
- Can work with chunky and irregular yarns
This sweater knitting machine is a great investment if you want to turn out high quality sweaters quickly and easily. It can be used to make a range of knitted projects, including sweaters, afghans, and cushions. Step by step instructions make it easy to learn to use this machine even if you have no prior knitting experience. It includes key plates for needle sizes 6 to 10.5.
- Up to 100 needles
- Knits up to 1000 stitches per minute
- Set of four keyplates included
The HTOYES knitting machine is an affordable option for producing gloves, scarves, socks, and much more. Its round design and easy operation by simply turning the handle makes it easy even for beginners to set up and use. It is suitable for use with a wide range of yarns, from 1.5 to 4.5 mm weight.
- 48 needle points
- Can be used to knit round or flat projects
- Knit easily by turning the handle
The LK150 6.5mm model is a good investment for anyone wanting to complete knitting projects much faster than is possible by hand. It is able to knit projects up to 150 stitches across and can be used with a variety of types of yarns. Its small, portable size makes it easy to use on the go.
- Light weight and easy to carry
- Smooth and quiet operation
- Suitable for most types of yarn
Knitting Machine Buyer’s Guide
A knitting machine is a great addition for any sewer who wants to work with yarn to make knitted crafts much more efficiently than you can by hand. There are a range of models in this buying guide which can be used to create everything from socks to sweaters. The machines range from simple and inexpensive to more serious investments such as sweater machines.
Several of the knitting machines in this guide are hand cranked machines. These machines can be used to create either tube-shaped or flat projects, from socks to scarves and even more complex projects such as gloves. They can be used with a range of yarn weights, from fine yarns to more chunky yarns. Once you set them up, it is easy to quickly finish the project by simply turning the hand crank until your project is the desired length.
A sweater machine is a more expensive option, but is a good investment for knitters who are serious about creating high quality sweaters much more quickly and easily than is possible by hand. It can also be used with a range of different weights of yarn to create sweaters and other projects in sizes from baby to adult. A range of keyplates are included with the machine and more can be purchased to expand pattern options.
The knitting machines in this buying guide come at a range of prices and can be used to create a range of different knitted goods. By using this guide, you will be able to find a knitting machine which fits your budget and the project you want to create. These knitting machines can all be used with a range of yarn weights, some can even work with irregular and chunky yarns. All of these knitting machines create knitted goods much more quickly and easily than by hand knitting.