Features Singer Profinish 14CG754 Serger
Let us now discuss some of the several handy features of the Singer Profinish Serger that can aid you in your creative sewing projects.
You can select from a range of different types of stitches for the purpose of basic, decorative, buttonhole sewing, etc.
2-3-4 Thread Capability
There are different types of stitches that ensure that you get the perfect stitch irrespective of the project – flat locking, blind hems, rolled hems, sewing seams and finishing edges.
The sewing machine has an adjustable differential feed that ensures that the feed is uniform for perfect seams of all types of fabrics without bunching, puckering or breaking. This also prevents loose fabrics from getting stretched out.
The Singer Profinish features a stitch adjustment dial that lets you adjust the tension, length and width of the stitch. The dial is located on the side of the machine that allows for easy maneuvering.
The machine has a color-coded threading system, which makes it easy to set up, thread, organize and change the threads. The threading path for each of the threads is indicated by a specific color, which makes the entire threading process simple.
Retractable Cutting Blade
The Singer Profinish Serger allows you to pull back the upper knife when you do not want to trim the seam allowances while sewing or if you want the knife to be out of the way when you are using techniques such as flat locking or whenever you do not want the sewing machine to trim.
4-Thread Mock Stretch Stitch
The 4-thread mock stretch stitch pattern comes in very handy when you’re sewing knit fabric. The stitch stretches along with the fabric and it is sturdy enough for professional projects because it will not break even when you stretch the fabric.
High Presser Foot Lifter
The Singer Profinish Serger has a higher presser foot lifter compared to other models, which offers clearance and allows you to place several layers of fabric under the foot.
- Weighing just around 13.5 lb, the Singer Profinish Serger is very lightweight and portable. You can easily move it from one place to another. Also, the sewing machine is very compact and you can fit it anywhere at all conveniently.
- The features and functions of the sewing machine are extremely easy to understand and you can set it up and operate it very easily. The machine also has an instruction manual that makes it easier to understand the working of the machine.
- The sewing machine features a bright LED light that helps to illuminate the workspace very well so that you can see your work very clearly.
- The Singer Profinish Serger does not require a lot of upkeep and maintenance. All you need to do is wipe the head with a soft cloth and clean the race hooks after every use. When not in use, keep the machine covered.
- The Singer Profinish Serger offers good-quality professional stitching. With a top speed of around 1,300 stitches/minute, the sewing machine offers consistent stitch quality.
- The best advantage of the Singer Profinish Serger is that for all the features it offers, its price is quite low and affordable.
- The Singer Profinish Serger is quite noisy at top speed operation. Till around 1,000 stitches/minute, the machine is fairly quiet; however, when it reaches speeds of 1,200/minute – 1,300/minute, it is rather noisy, which prevents you from using it for prolonged periods of time.
- While you can use the Singer Profinish Serger to sew various types of fabrics, including thick materials and also several layers, it does not work very well and does not produce good stitches on very thick fabrics such as reptile skin, etc.
The Singer Profinish 14CG754 has all the qualities and features that you would look for in a basic serger. Moreover, it is extremely easy to use. And, if you are on a tight budget, then the Singer Profinish 14CG754 is a great value-for-money buy because it has everything you need at a very reasonable price.