Features of the Janome MOD-50 Computerized Sewing Machine
What You Will Learn
As mentioned, the Janome MOD-50 Computerized Sewing Machine is a bundle of user-friendly features that still retain their advanced nature, making them great for both beginners as well as advanced users.
A Wide Range of Built-In Stitches
The MOD-5o comes with an amazing 50 built-in stitches, including basic and fashion, quilting, heirloom, home decor and 3 different one-step buttonholes that are automatically sized as per the button. Additionally, the stitch length and width are set by default when you choose a stitch, saving you time and resulting in precise stitches.
The MOD-5o comes with a highly durable heavy duty interior metal frame that doesn’t just ensure that the machine has a long life, but that also keeps the machine stable while stitching to ensure skip-free stitching. Additionally, the machine comes with a 25-year limited warranty that’s a good indicator of the machine’s life from the manufacturer’s point of view.
A Removable Free Arm
The machine’s removable storage compartment turns into the removable free arm, letting you conveniently stitch tricky circular parts such as collars, cuffs, hems, sleeves and the like.
7-Piece Feed Dog System with Drop Feed
To ensure free-motion quilting and sewing, the MOD-50 is equipped with the facility to lower the feed dogs using a lever. This feature is especially useful when stitching buttonholes, stippling or darning and even more so when using heavy fabrics.
Jam-Proof Bobbin System
The top drop-in jam-proof bobbin system not only ensures a smooth sewing journey but also reduces the amount of time spent in setting up your sewing. You can monitor the thread supply of the bobbin through the clear bobbin cover.
One-Hand Needle Threader
The one-hand needle threader is easy to use and convenient; you just have to follow the instructional diagrams printed on the machine to thread it. Then, let the built-in needle threader do its work, saving you a ton of time and effort.
A Range of Accessories
The Janome MOD-50 comes with a range of accessories, such as:
The Janome MOD-50 also has the following features:
- Convenience buttons (needle up/down, start/stop, locking stitch, and reverse button)
- A speed control slider
- A backlit LCD
- A workspace lit by LEDs
- A specialty needle plate
- 750 stitches per minute
- Extremely durable
- Operates quietly, making it perfect for home studios or late-night sewing
- Easy to use; extremely user friendly
- The speed-control feature lets you sew at your desired pace.
- Consistent, high-quality end results
- Lightweight and easy to transport
- Stable and sturdily built
- Some users have complained of the machine falling apart after just 3 weeks of use, with stitches getting skipped and for no discernible reason.
- Some users have found the quality of the stitches, especially the bottom stitches, unsatisfactory, regardless of what tension they set or which material they use.
- If the bobbin runs out, you have to unthread it entirely to fill in a new bobbin.
- Since threading the needle requires some effort on the part of the users, it can still be time consuming and frustrating, especially for people with poor eyesight.
- The thread holder is plastic and not metal, making it less durable than the other parts of the machine.
Equipped with a ton of features and producing some great results, the Janome MOD-50 Computerized Sewing Machine is sure to occupy a place of pride in any sewing studio, whether a home studio or a professional workshop, a beginner or an expert. Engineered to make the sewist’s journey smooth and hassle-free, the MOD-50 manages to more than accomplish its mission, displaying efficiency, durability and reliability, despite a few minor roadblocks. Overall, a sewing machine we recommend!