Designed without bowing down to the industry’s propensity for fancy but impractical features, this sewing machine will help you take on a range of different sewing and stitching tasks effectively.
Features of the Janome 2212 Sewing Machine
In order to understand whether or not the Janome 2212 Sewing Machine is right for your needs, it is important that you get a better look at the different features that Janome has to offer with this sewing machine. Keep reading for more!
12 Built-In Stitches
The Janome 2212 Sewing Machine is a basic mechanical sewing machine that offers a decent variety of stitches built into the system. These include straight stitches, buttonhole stitches, zigzag stitches, decorative stitch as well as reverse stitches. All of these can be modified using length and width adjustments using the panels on the surface of the machine.
Two Needle Positions
If you work with different kinds of fabrics on a regular basis, the two needle positions offered by the Janome 2212 Sewing Machine will be of great use to use. This means that regardless of the thickness and texture of the material that you are using, you can put the needle in either of the two positions and continue working seamlessly.
Lit up Work Area
The sewing machine comes with an in-built lamp that illuminates the work area while you are working. Getting the right kind of precision with your projects is very important and a lit-up work area helps you achieve that with greater ease.
- The setting up process of this sewing machine is so simple that you can even get it done without taking any help for additional aids. While there is a highly informative and handy guide that comes with the machine, many people don’t need to even refer to it.
- With the option of adjusting the thread tension manually, this sewing machine allows beginners to get better control over the machine and slowly transition towards more complex machines.
- In case you feel that the machine has gotten jammed while you were in the midst of completing a project, you do not have to lose all your progress and the needle and the bobbin are both accessible from the front of the machine. You will not even be required to remove the fabric.
- Not all newer sewing machines come with their own thread cutter, which leads to a lot of thread wastage. That isn’t something that you’d have to worry about with the Janome 2212 Sewing Machine that comes with a built-in thread cutter.
- Controlling the speed of this machine, especially when you just start it, can be particularly challenging. While people with experience may be able to catch the pace with relative ease, it can be quite difficult for newbies.
- This is not the best sewing machine for tougher fabrics like leather, suede, twill and others. Similarly, this may not be the best option in front of you if you regularly work with layers.
- The workspace can be a little limiting, which means that professionals may not be entirely impressed with the kind of place they get to spread out with this sewing machine.
The Janome 2212 Sewing Machine is an affordable mechanic sewing machine that is ideal for beginners or people with experience who do not use this machine professionally on a regular basis. It offers you a great range of features at a fantastic price point, which is almost impossible to say no to.