If you are looking for a good quality sewing machine that doesn’t cause too much harm to your bank account, the Brother ST371HD Sewing Machine should be high on the list of machines that you are considering. Ideal for beginners and people with experience alike, this is a sturdy machine with a range of features that will leave you impressed.
Features of the Brother ST371HD Sewing Machine
The Brother ST371HD Sewing Machine is one of the most popular sewing machines offered by the company for a multitude of reasons, most important of which are the wide range of features that this sewing machine has been laden with.
Highly Versatile Machine
This sewing machine can take on a wide range of materials when it comes to thickness and quality. It can also give you many different types of stitches, which are discussed in some detail in the next section.
37 Unique Built-In Stitches
If you are looking for a machine that can give you all the different stitches that are popular these days, this is the right one for you. There are 37 different built-in stitches, including blind hem, decorative stitches, zigzag, stretch stitches and more. The drop feed feature is a great addition.
Metal Needle Plate and Heavyweight Needles
The needle plate is made using metal, which adds a degree of sturdiness to this affordable model. There are a range of heavyweight needles included in this, for example, a #11 need for regular sewing, #14 for layers and a #16 needle for times when you are stitching the more heavyweight fabrics like denim.
- This is one of the most affordable sewing machines that you can get your hands on but that does not mean that you are compromising on the quality of the build. The maintenance required after setting up the machine is also minimal.
- The setting up process is very simple and you can get the machine up and running soon after unpacking it. The instructional DVD and quick-start guide included with the packaging come into use here.
- With a needle plate and chassis built using metal, this is one of the more sturdy sewing machines in this price range. You do not have to worry about sub-standard materials being used as it comes under the Brother banner.
- The sewing machine comes with an impressive range of six feet that can be switched over depending on the task at hand. These include zipper, blind stitch, buttonhole, spring action zigzag, button sewing and nonstick feet.
- It is very easy to pick up the machine and store it away with the help of the built-in handle.
- While this sewing machine is unmatched in terms of quality, this is not a heavy duty machine. If you are used to machines that can tackle thick seams and heavy-duty work, you may be disappointed with the ST371HD sewing machine.
- The LED lights that are in place for increasing the brightness around your work area do not do a very good job of it. If you are considering attaching another light, it can work out to be more expensive.
- Up/down needle buttons are very handy when it comes to pivoting the cloth without the stitch getting lost but there is no such attachment included in this sewing machine.
While this sewing machine may not work for people who are running their own business or use it for extended periods of time, this is the ideal option for those of you who are looking for an affordable sewing machine with a decent number of features and a sturdy build.