Every serious sewer already knows how amazing the PQ1500SL is. It is a machine that will make you want to sew and quilt more. This high-speed machine can handle any kind of fabric and also multiple layers with the ease of a professional.
It is lightning fast and has a lot of adjustable features that allow you to customize the machine based on the project you are doing.
Features of PQ1500SL Quilting and Sewing Machine
What You Will Learn
What makes the PQ1500SL different from other machines, made by Brother or otherwise? Let us read some of its top-notch features before we make a decision.
Presser Foot Adjustment
The PQ1500SL allows you to adjust the pressure of the presser foot in conjunction with the feed dog height. This feature makes this sewing machine an ideal choice if you experiment with different kinds of fabric or multiple layers. Choosing the right pressure and feed dog height will ensure consistent stitches.
Advanced Needle Threading
This model uses the F.A.S.T. technology developed by Brother to thread the needle. It is efficient and very user friendly.
Controlling the tension of the tread has been an issue of concern with some of Brother’s older models. They have resolved this problem in the PQ1500SL by installing a dial. You can reach the ideal tension you want by adjusting the dial.
Automatic Thread Cutter
The purpose of the machine is to make your life simpler. This one comes with an automatic thread cutter. With the press of a single button, both bottom and top threads are cut, getting the machine ready for your next project.
This advanced pin feed system developed by Brother will help you sew all kinds of fabric without it getting bunched up.
- The PQ1500SL is a high-speed machine. It can sew up to 1,500 stitches in a minute.
- You can save a lot of time with the automated thread cutter and the F.A.S.T. needle threader.
- Four different settings are available if you are adjusting your feed dog depending on the material you are using.
- The PQ1500SL has a knee lifter that helps you lift the presser foot with your knee. This leaves your hands free to handle the fabric.
- The machine also has an automatic needle up/down feature. The standard is needle down. But you can customize the machine and choose to needle up if your work demands it.
- The machine has a telescopic thread stand if you are using cone threads.
- It has a bright LED light which makes stitching dark fabrics much easier.
- The PQ1500SL has a fabric separator that becomes incredibly useful if you are working with fabrics that are difficult to join.
- The stitch length is adjustable. You can go up to 7 mm depending on what works for your design.
- The machine also comes with an extension table that you can add on if you are making a large quilt. With the extension, the workspace is about 5.7” by 8.6”.
- It comes with a 25-year limited warranty.
- It does not have an LCD screen.
- The thread cutter is usually precise. But sometimes, it can cut it too close that you will have to thread the needle again.
- The needle and bobbin placement seem to make things a little difficult for right-handed people.
- The walking foot does not have a guide.
- It can get noisy with higher speeds.
The PQ1500SL is a solid machine if efficiency is what you are going for. It is more mechanical than computerized and is ideal for straight stitching. It can handle heavy fabrics with ease so you know your quilts will look gorgeous.