The HC1850 has over 100 built-in unique stitches, eight types of buttonholes and one font if you are looking to monogram a piece of fabric. Continue reading to find out why the HC1850 is a great choice if you are looking for a new sewing machine.
Features of HC1850
Brothers International has outdone itself with this high-quality state of the art machine. The HC1850 has several features that can be used by beginner and advanced sewers.
The HC1850 Sewing and Quilting Machine comes with a large LCD screen that shows the options you have selected for a project. The display shows the type of stitch, sewing speed and the width of the stitch. It is backlit and you can use the little buttons on the side to adjust these choices.
Variable Stitching Speeds
The nature of the fabric, the complexity of your design and your skill set will determine the stitching speed. The machine offers three different speeds that you can easily change using the slide control.
Easy to Thread
The newer products from Brothers International come with this highly useful feature. Threading the machine and the needle has become incredibly easy. Once you have placed the bobbin in place, a simple push of a button will wind it for you. The same principle is also applied to threading the needle.
Monogrammed kerchiefs or accessories are brilliant gift ideas. The HC1850 allows you to add this personal touch. It has one built-in font with all the letters of the alphabet, the number 0-9, seven punctuation marks and eight symbols. You can use the monogramming foot that comes with the product to customize your design.
- The HC1850 offers you a wide variety of stitches to choose from. It has 130 in-built patterns and a reference chart that you can access by simply flipping a panel.
- Making buttonholes is a one-step process.
- It comes with eight different presser feet for different fabrics and stitching patterns.
- If you are a quilter, you know how useful the spring action quilting foot is. It is one of the eight feet that come with the purchase. The machine is also flexible to handle free motion quilting.
- The work area is brightly lit with an LED light.
- It has a detachable wide table. You can use it when stitching a larger piece of fabric. You can also remove it and use the workspace as an extended arm when you are working on smaller or cylindrical stitches.
- The foot controller can be removed if you have no use for it.
- It is light and easy to transport if you want to carry it to classes.
- It comes with a detailed instruction manual.
- The LED light is not very bright and is not useful since bigger quilting projects can cover it up.
- The body of the machine is almost entirely made of plastic.
- There is no storage space for accessories.
- The machine can get noisy over time.
- It cannot be used in places that don’t support 120V AC.
- Repairs and replacement parts are expensive.
The Brother HC1850 is an affordable choice if you are a beginner to intermediate level sewer or quilter. It has a multitude of options you can choose from and experiment with. Your purchase includes a set of accessories you will need and an instructional DVD that will take you through the process. In short, the HC1850 is a solid companion to a budding fashion designer.