Table of Contents
- 1 Features of the Brother CS5055PRW Electric Sewing Machine
- 2 Pros
- 3 Cons
Features of the Brother CS5055PRW Electric Sewing Machine
With attractive features such as 50 built-in stitches, computerized selection of stitches and 5 built-in one-step buttonholes, the CS5055PRW makes creating couture-level projects effortless and quick.
Lightweight and Portable
Featuring a convenient handle for carrying, a small footprint and an extremely lightweight make, the CS5055PRW is extremely portable friendly, whether you’re moving it between rooms or taking it to classes.
LCD Display Screen with Stitch Selector
You can choose your stitches by simply using the push-button stitch selectors, which are then displayed on the LCD screen, along with details such as the dimensions of the stitch (length and width) and the appropriate footing to be used for each stitch.
A convenient stitch chart printed in the front of the machine shows all the different built-in stitches at a glance.
Well-Lit Work Area
The well-lit work area (LED lit) makes it easier to work with darker fabrics and focus on the finer details of your project.
Automatic Needle Threader
An automatic needle threader threads the needle for you; it’s operated using a simple lever.
Quick-Set Top Bobbin
This exclusive Brother feature keeps the bobbin reliably in place for easier and faster sowing.
The CS5055PRW comes with 5 built-in one-step buttonholes, ensuring neat, consistent buttonholes each time that are automatically sized depending on the size of the button.
Vertical Spool Pin
This feature ensures that there is consistent feeding during stitching, especially when working with specialty threads such as metallic threads.
The CS5055PRW comes with a ton of other great features as well, such as:
- A wide selection of individual stitches and sewing feet
- Multiple accessories
- Built-in decorative stitches such as scallop, checkerboard, feather and satin
- Twin-needle feature
- Easy bobbin winding
- An exceptional feed system to move the fabric more smoothly and get precise stitches
- Drop feed free-motion quilting
- A limited warranty of 25 years
- Its lightweight and portable nature make it super-convenient to use.
- The machine is stable and stays in place, ensuring a professional finish that is unmarred by any jumping or shaking in the machine.
- The vertical spool pin makes it easier to feed, especially while working with specialty threads.
- The machine is highly versatile thanks to its efficient feeding system that keeps light fabrics from puckering and heavy fabrics under control.
- The machine is super user friendly and simple to use; it hardly requires any setup and comes with a great instruction manual that’s easy to follow.
- The product is highly durable, as indicated by the length of the warranty; this period reflects the life of the period as expected by the company, indicating their faith in their product.
- Though the workspace is well lit, the LED screen isn’t, making it difficult to view in a dark room.
- The storage compartment is sufficient only for the accessories included with the machine; any more accessories will require additional space.
- Since it’s suited only for 120V, it can be problematic to move it and use it overseas.
The Brother CS5055PRW Electric Sewing Machine is a prime example of the company’s efficiency and quality; it’s also extremely user friendly, with an easy setup, versatile features and simple-to-operate nature. If the product’s warranty is anything to go by, it could probably last you through the entirety of your sewing career!
Ideal for beginners, intermediate and advanced sewers, reasonably priced and equipped with a ton of advanced features, we totally endorse the Brother CS5055PRW Electric Sewing Machine as the go to, first-choice sewing machine!