Features of the Brother 2340CV Advanced Serger
With a range of features that ensure high-quality stitching while ensuring convenience and ease of use, this advanced serger can occupy a place of pride in any sewing room across the world.
The 2340CV comes with 1-2-3 needle options, which lets users create a variety of cover stitches as required by the type and weight of the fabric. The machine also features a tri-cover stitch facility, narrow and wide cover stitches, color-coded threading, a stitch length that’s adjustable (between 2 and 4 mm) and easy looper threading.
You can also create chain stitches, decorative stitches and professional hems with the 2340CV, even with stretchy fabric.
With the 2340CV, you can efficiently attach tape, lace, and elastic to any fabric, as well as easily create circular hems for items such as collars and cuffs; this is facilitated by the machine’s cover-stitching machinery and the fact that unlike other standard sergers, this one doesn’t cut.
The 2340CV comes accompanied by numerous accessories, such as:
- An accessory bag with a needle set
- 4 spool caps and spool mats each
- A blindstitch and gathering foot
- 4 thread nets
- A cleaning brush
- A soft cover
- A hexagonal wrench
- An instruction manual
In order to ensure that the stitching is seamless, even and of consistently high quality, the advanced serger features an adjustable differential feed feature that’s operated using a slide lever. The machine also makes stitching easier by featuring a numbered guide for thread nets, specialty threads and spool guides.
Equipped with a looper threading system that’s easy to use and produces fast results and the ability to produce 1,100 stitches per minute, projects get completed in no time with the 2340CV.
The product weighs 14 pounds, with overall dimensions of 13 x 15 x 13.4 inches.
- The Brother 2340CV is as quiet as a mouse when compared to other sergers; its quiet operation makes it a great option for home sewers, whether casual or professional.
- The cover stitches created by this serger can be used either as decoration or to keep the fabric on cuffs and necklines from fraying.
- The built-in color-coded threading guide ensures precise, high-quality stitching.
- The adjustable stitch length allows you to choose the speed with which the material flows through the machine.
- With 1,100 stitches per minute, the 2340CV can save you a ton of time.
- The machine is highly user friendly and simple to operate, with features such as the adjustable differential feed and color-coded threading guides to make operating the machine simple and convenient for you.
- The machine is highly advanced; it functions smoothly, creating a variety of high-quality cover stitches regardless of the fabric type, features a cover stitch capability between 3-6 mm, and a 2-needle 2-3-4 thread cover stitch facility.
- Some users found the machine to be poorly made and cheaply constructed.
- Some users stated that the feeder skipped stitches and went too fast at some points.
- There have also been reports of the thread getting knotted in the bobbin and the overstitch option being poor.
- Some users found the manual tension release too complicated to use, as the release involves pressing separate buttons for each thread, which may have you pressing up to 4 buttons, all at the same time!
If you’re looking to complete your project in no time, in the comfort of your jammies, within the walls of your house, but still want it to look like Elie Saab stitched your project, look no further than the Brother 2340CV. Combined with a standard serger, entire projects will get completed in the blink of an eye without any compromise on the quality of the stitching.