Best Women’s Sewing Patterns
Here are our women’s sewing patterns reviews.
This unique, highly customizable jacket has several options that can be altered to fit individual wants and needs. The length of the jacket itself, the collar, sleeves, and belt can all be adjusted. This jacket could be made with many different types of fabric, in just about any color or print that is desired.
- Pattern has instructions on how much fabric to purchase
- Suitable for sizes 18W-24W
- Purchase this pattern for under eight dollars
Use this pattern to make the stunning Upton dress. It’s sure to be a staple for years to come. This dress is a fit and flare style, and features hidden pockets! This dress is highly customizable. The neckline, size of the pleats, height of the back, and more can all be tailored to exactly what you want in a dress.
- This dress is very versatile and can be dressed up or down- perfect for office attire or even a night out
- This pattern will work for sizes 12-28
- Purchase this pattern for eighteen dollars
Looking for that perfect summer dress? The Penny Dress is a breezy shirt dress that is sure to keep you cool in the warm weather. While this dress could definitely be a retro item, depending on the fabric, it could also be sewn with trendy prints. This pattern is highly customizable, very versatile, and is actually quite easy to sew.
- Available to purchase for twenty dollars
- This pattern will work for sizes 8-20
- This dress is versatile enough to be paired with a belt, leggings, or a sweater when cooler weather hits
Hit the beach or relax poolside in style this summer! This pattern has four different options for some stunning summer wear. These pieces could be made in all the same fabric, as the pattern shows, or mix it up. These pieces would also be great for bathing suit cover ups, to wear on a hot holiday, or some pieces could be paired with other apparel items for everyday wear.
- This pattern has instructions for how much fabric to purchase for each piece
- Pattern can be purchased for eight dollars
- Pattern is suitable for sizes 6-14
Make a whole host of different styles of skirts with this versatile pattern. This pattern actually contains seven different options of skirts! Fabric colors and the type of fabric used is completely customizable to personal taste. Try adding embellishments or trims for even more personalization.
- Pattern can be purchased for just under fifteen dollars
- Pattern will work for sizes 6-14
- This pattern has a list of amounts of fabric needed to make each skirt
Women’s Sewing Patterns Buying Guide
Maybe sewing your own clothing isn’t something you’ve considered before. While there are definitely some patterns that are best for advanced or experienced sewers, there are patterns that even beginner or intermediate sewers can definitely make as well, so don’t be intimidated. Sewing your own clothing lets you have an item that is completely unique to you, and should fit just about perfectly!
If you’re on a tight budget, check for fabric sales or for fabric that is generally more budget friendly like cotton. There are a ton of different kinds of fabric that can be used to make clothing. Anything from heavier weight fabrics to lightweight. Fabric comes in so many different colors and prints. Making clothing is an art from in itself, and with practice and patience, you can produce some very unique items that are truly one of a kind.
Patterns are a great way to learn how to sew garments and apparel items at home. A pattern often tells you how much fabric you need to make an item, and also often has step by step directions for sewing each piece. Patterns often come with more than one option. These patterns might have two, three, five, seven, or more options, all in a single envelope, for one price. Many patterns that come with just a single item do have multiple variations on the item that can be altered to suit style and taste as well.