|Best Choice for Kids||1. Hello Kitty Janome 15822|
|Best Price||Janome Hello Kitty 11706 3/4|
|Best Features||Janome 18750 Hello Kitty|
|Best Beginners Choice||Janome Red 13512 Hello Kitty"|
Looks and design
A variety of stitches
It is not just the killer looks that you get when you buy a fancy sewing machine. You can also expect a killer performance. This machine can offer around 25 different stitches! As per the manufacturer’s guide and description of the product the machine can only give about 22 stitches. But if you include the two-needle stitches in both directions and the buttonhole stitch, you get a good tally of 25 different stitches to work with.
Having so many stitch options in hand, you can create highly unique and decorative stitch patterns using one single machine. This makes the Janome 15822 a very useful stitching apparatus that your child can use beyond the years of childhood.
Following are the 25 stitches that you can perform using the Janome 15822 Hello kitty sewing machine.
- Straight stitch
- Straight stitch – needle left
- Multipoint zigzag with a stretch
- Satin crescent
- Satin arrowhead
- Blind hem
- Shell stitch
- Blind hem stretch stitch
- Satin diamond
- Satin three-step zigzag
- Fagoting stitch …Check Out All the Features
There are three knobs given in the machine to alter the width and length of the stitch. The width can be adjusted to a maximum level of 5mm and the length can be adjusted to a maximum level of 4mm.
As mentioned earlier, these knobs have cute decorations on them that attract the attention of the child easily. Such a pictorial representation helps in grabbing the attention of the child with ease and makes the learning process easier.
The stitch types and the permitted width and length adjustments allow you to work with a variety of fabrics. This helps your child to take up innumerable projects and provides them the required flexibility to enhance their stitching portfolio.
Types of fabric
Despite being a kid sewing machine, the functionality of the Hello Kitty Janome sewing machine is quite distinct and elaborate. Your child as well as you can indulge in a variety of stitching projects. You can play around with a lot of different types of fabrics and stitches to create a lot of different creative products.
The machine is versatile enough to handle stretchy material fabrics, knits, cotton fabric, and fleece. You can use it for the purpose of quilting, piecing, and stitching brand-new clothes from scratch. Also, you can also use it for mending faulty stitches, adjusting hemming, and other such creative projects related to stitching.
You can try your hand on smocking and trimming with the help of the scallop satin stitch and smocking stitch offered by the machine.
This sewing machine is not just for your child’s teen years to play around with. Its variable range of working and efficient standards with help your child enjoy the functioning of this machine from teen years to adulthood.
This machine comes with an extra-high pressure foot lift. It has attached slip ons that can be easily attached as a snap on the feet. The placement of the foot lift different from other machines. Your feet will slide into a slot made in the pressure foot holder. It will not snap into a place from the bottom up.
There are four different types of presser feet included in the machine;
- Zipper foot
- Blind hem
You are not restricted to keep your usage limited to these four types of presser feet. Seeing the compatibility with the machine you can buy additional specialty presser feet for your machine.
This kids machine does not have a childish performance. It can be used by an adult as well because the precision of stitches offered by this machine is truly amazing. Every stitch is of superior quality and sewed on the fabric with perfection. Being a mechanical sewing machine, it is highly durable and will last you a long time.
It is a perfect machine to develop and sharpen your skills on, from being a child to an adult. With the quality promise of Janome, there is a rare possibility that you and your child will get disappointed by the performance of this machine.
Auto needle threader and free arm sewing
One irritating thing about sewing is that getting that thread into the needle hole can be a taxing task. You can end up wasting so much time pushing the thread in. In the case of the Hello Kitty Janome Sewing machine, you don’t have to worry about the same.
It comes with an auto threader that prepares the needle for sewing automatically. You don’t have to play ‘I spy’ till your eye gets tired and gives. Just load the thread and let the machine do its job.
Another great feature is the free arm sewing system. The benefit of free-arm sewing is that it allows you to sew tube items like legs, cuffs, sleeves, etc. The free arm of this machine helps you achieving perfection while stitching just cuts. Your child will definitely get the expertise needed to even pursue sewing and stitching professionally.
Specifications and Features
- Dimensions: length – 14.5”X Height – 10.8” X width – 7.5”
- Weight: 14 pounds
- Front-loading bobbin
- Three-piece feed dog
- Tension control dial
- Reverse lever for holding down to tie-off stitches
- Stitching speed of 650 stitches per minute
- 5 needle positions
- Manual thread cutter, which is built in the machine
- Vertical thread delivery
- Twin needle
- Automatic declutch bobbin winder
- Plastic bobbins
- Darning plate
- Needle set
- Buttonhole opener
Pros of Hello Kitty Janome Sewing Machine
There are a few features that make purchasing this machine a must. These pros are mentioned as under.
- This is definitely the prettiest and cutest little sewing machine that you can find in the market. It is adorable and will go perfectly well with your child’s bedroom. It can also make a great gift for your child’s birthday or as a Christmas present.
- The stitches made using this machine are quite precise and beautiful. You will be pleased by the aesthetics they add to the fabric.
- The fancy and decorated stitch control knobs are an added bonus to the machine. They make it easier to guide your child while stitching. It also makes learning more fun and interactive.
- The 25-stitch selection is pretty massive for a child’s sewing machine. It provides a lot of flexibility and versatility in choosing whatever type of project you and your child wish to take up.
- A solid built provides durability and longevity to the machine. It will last you a long time without disappointing you with its performance.
- There are four types of pressure feet and extra can be added by compatibility matching.
- The included darning plate allows you to do free-motion sewing.
- It is not very cheap to be called a toy or very expensive to be categorized as a professional machine. It is affordable and genuinely priced.
Cons of Hello Kitty Janome Sewing machine
Though it is a great machine in totality, there are a few limitations that come with it. The cons of the machine are mentioned below.
- It comes only with a three-piece feed dog that is a bit fragile.
- The length and width of the stitch are limited to 5 and 4mm. This limitation is pretty restrictive when compared to another sewing machine. However, it can be ignored as a child won’t be much bothered about such stitch dimensions.
- The front-loading bobbin might be a bit tricky for a few people to use. It can take time to adjust to it.
- The bobbin cover isn’t see-through, so you will have to open it every time you want to make a check or inspection.
- The storage compartment is a bit small. You only keep very essential items in it.
Other Hello Kitty Janome models
Though Janome 15822 is a perfect purchase for a child, you can also try a few other models available in the same category by Janome.Check Today's Price on Amazon
The Janome 11706 is a tiny little sewing machine that is very pretty to look at. It is highly portable and comes in a very pleasing color shade. It a great machine for your child to begin their stitching experience with.
- 11 built-in stitches
- A button holder
- A free arm
- 3-piece feed dog
- Extra high-pressure foot and snap-on pressure foot
- 4 mm stitch length and 5 mm stitch width
- Push and pull bobbin winding system
- Dial for stitch selection
- Adjustable controls as per the fabric
- Vertically oscillating hook bobbin
- Highly durable
- Best for beginners
- Heavy-duty usage permissible
- Good storage space
- Cannot do fancy stitches
- No advanced features
- Controlling speed can be difficult
Check Today's Price on Amazon The Janome 13512 is another adorable machine that you can purchase for your child. It is more advance than the previous Janome. Don’t be deceived by its toy-like looks. It delivers a great performance and your child will have a nice learning experience with it.
- 15 stitch options
- Length and width adjustment possible
- Maximum 5mm width and 4mm length of the stitch possible
- Free arm sewing
- 4 step buttonhole
- Detachable extension table for storage
- Manual thread tension control
- Speed of 800 stitched per minute
- Snap-on presser foot
- Built-in carrying handle
- Push or pull bobbin winding system
- Vertical retractable spool pins
- Can perform reverse stitches
- Pretty to look at
- Perfect for kids
- No automatic thread cutter
- No Built-in needle threader
Check Today's Price on SewingMachinesPlus
The Janome 18750 is an amazing version of a computerized sewing machine that can be easily used by your children. It is very efficient and eases your child’s learning experience for sewing.
- 50 stitches
- 3 one-step buttonholes
- Manual tension adjustment
- One-hand needle threader
- Slide-one presser feet
- Needle up/down button
- 7-piece feed dog
- Free arm
- Drop Feed…Check Out All the Features
- Fully computerized
- Advanced level features
- Easy understanding for kids
- No Thread cutting button
The Janome 15822 is a well-suited machine to introduce your child to the world of sewing. This machine is far superior to just being a child’s play toy. Even professionals will enjoy working will adorable looking machine.
Its versatility, speed, and innumerable quality feature will make you its fan in a snap second. You will never regret this purchase and your child can have a beautiful learning curve in sewing with this machine on their side.
- Chapter 1: The 7 Sewing Essentials for Beginners
- Chapter 2: The Beginner’s Guide to Sewing Machines
- Chapter 3: The Ultimate Guide to Setting up your Sewing Room
- Chapter 4: Everything You Need To Know About Sewing
- Chapter 5: Sewing Fabric 101: A Virtual Tour of the Fabric Store