Best Terry Cloth Fabrics
Here are our terry cloth fabric reviews.
This line of terrycloth fabric is available in over twenty-five different colors! This line is also quite budget friendly, and can be purchased for just over eight dollars per yard, or cheaper, if more fabric is ordered. Terry cloth is a great choice for making towels, robes, wraps, and more.
- This fabric is medium to heavyweight- 9oz per square yard
- Easy to launder- machine wash on cold, tumble dry on low heat
- Comes in 45” widths
This fabric belongs to a line of terrycloth, but this fabric is quite unique in its construction and appearance. The fabric actually has a waffle like texture. Like other terry cloth, this fabric is quite versatile and can be used for many different projects. Make apparel items, towels, beach wraps, loungewear, baby items, and more.
- Fabric is heavyweight and is 100% cotton
- Available in 58” widths
- Machine wash, tumble dry on low heat
This line of fabric is quite diverse and features different kinds of terrycloth and more. Because this fabric is so heavy, it is extremely absorbent. It is also very versatile and can be used to make beachwear, towels, robes, wraps, baby items, and more.
- Available in 58” widths
- Machine wash cold, tumble dry on low heat- no bleach
- This terrycloth is very heavyweight (21 oz per square yard) and is made from 100% cotton
Looking for a large amount of terrycloth? This fabric is available for purchase in a bolt, with fifteen yards on the bolt, at 45” wide. This fabric is very absorbent, which makes it a great choice for things like beach wraps, towels, baby items, robes, and more.
- Easy to launder- machine wash and tumble dry
- This line of fabric is available to purchase in by the bolt in white or gray, or can be purchased by the yard in navy
- Fabric is 100% cotton and is heavyweight (10oz per square yard)
This unique microfiber terry fabric is very, very absorbent. The fabric was actually specially designed so that the synthetic fibers lock in and trap moisture. This fabric is especially great for making diaper linings or diaper inserts, but should never be placed directly against skin.
- This fabric is made from 75% polyester and 25% polyurethane
- Fabric is medium to heavyweight
- Machine wash with warm water, dry with low heat in the dryer or drip dry- do not use bleach or fabric softener
Terry Cloth Fabric Buying Guide
Terry cloth is usually soft and plush feeling with signature textured loops on one side and a smooth reverse side. Terry cloth fabric is also usually quite durable and long lasting. Most terry cloth does to breathe well, considering that it is made from cotton, and most lines of terry are very absorbent as well. Terrycloth is perhaps best known for its use for towels and towelling, but it can be used to make many more items as well.
Terry cloth is quite durable and is quite versatile as well. Terry cloth can be used for a variety of different projects, not just for towels. It might surprise some people to learn that terry cloth can also differ in its construction and appearance. There are speciality terry cloth fabrics like microfiber that are made with synthetic fibers that trap moisture differently than cotton fibers do. Some terrycloth can also have a waffle like texture, while some is very heavyweight to be that much more absorbent.
Terry cloth is, in most cases, quite affordable. Many different colors of terry cloth can be purchased for under ten dollars per yard. Speciality or very heavyweight terry cloth fabrics are often more expensive, between fifteen to twenty dollars per yard. This fabrics are often designed for special duty- for example, diaper inserts- so the projects that they’re used for are sometimes significantly smaller than making a larger towel or a big robe, which helps stretch your dollar.