Best Sateen Fabrics
Here are our sateen fabric reviews.
This fabric is part of a line of beautiful sateen fabrics that feature stripes, floral, lemons, and more. This fabric is wonderfully soft, has a slight amount of stretch, and drapes beautifully. All of these characteristics make the fabric a great choice for apparel items like blouses and other tops, skirts, pants, and more.
- Machine wash on cold, drip dry after
- This lightweight cotton fabric is a blend of 97% cotton and 3% Lycra spandex
- Available in 56” widths
This lightweight sateen fabric features a unique print and a slight sheen that would make even more unique apparel items. Sew blouses, other tops, skirts, pants, and more. This fabric is soft and drapes beautifully. The fabric also has 10% stretch across the grain, which makes apparel items that much more comfortable.
- Fabric is 100% cotton
- Available in 57” widths
- Machine wash, tumble dry on low heat
This line of Sateen fabric comes in a variety of different prints. The fabric is quite unique because even though it is lightweight, it does have a heavier drape. The fabric is soft and has 10% mechanical stretch, which makes it a good choice for dresses, skirts, and other apparel items.
- Fabric is a blend of 96% cotton and 4% Lycra spandex
- Available in 58” widths
- Machine wash cold, air dry after
This fabric, which is available in extra wide width, is great for many different projects. The fabric is incredibly luxurious and soft, and has a higher thread count (320). Use this fabric to back quilts, to line window treatments like drapery, or more.
- Machine wash cold, tumble dry on low heat
- Fabric is lightweight and is 100% cotton
- Comes in 118” widths, which is great for quilt backing or lining items
Why not look great while helping the environment? This line of beautiful, printed fabrics are 100% certified organic cotton which meets the GOTS certification. This fabric is perfect for making apparel items like dresses, skirts, blouses, and more. While this fabric is a great choice for garments, it is also versatile enough to be used for quilting.
- Fabric is lightweight and is made from 100% organic cotton
- Comes in 58” widths
- Machine wash on gentle, tumble dry on low heat
Sateen Fabric Buying Guide
Sateen is a beautiful fabric that is usually very soft, elegant, and luxurious. Sateen is a wonderful fabric choice for many different types of garments. Sateen can be quite durable, and even though it looks like it might be a fussy fabric to care for, it’s often not fussy at all and can be laundered quite easily at home. Sateen comes in a wide range of both prints and solids.
Sewing With Sateen
Sateen looks like it might be a harder fabric to sew with, but don’t be intimidated. Sateen, due to its weave and the fact that it is usually made from cotton, is actually often quite user friendly. Even beginners can learn to sew with this wonderful fabric. Sateen is a great choice for many different apparel items, so pick a project and get sewing!
Don’t Fear Sateen
Sateen is quite gorgeous. With its sheen and luxurious appearance, it looks like it might be quite costly to purchase and sew with. Sateen is actually generally quite inexpensive. Many lines of sateen can be purchased for around or under ten dollars a yard, and some are significantly cheaper than that. Sateen is definitely a gorgeous fabric, so if you’re looking for something that has a fabulous appearance, but can be purchased on a budget, this is definitely the fabric for you.
- Chapter 1: The 7 Sewing Essentials for Beginners
- Chapter 2: The Beginner’s Guide to Sewing Machines
- Chapter 3: The Ultimate Guide to Setting up your Sewing Room
- Chapter 4: Everything You Need To Know About Sewing
- Chapter 5: Sewing Fabric 101: A Virtual Tour of the Fabric Store