Best Pens to Write on Fabric
Here are our pens to write on fabric reviews
Not everyone wants a permanent marking fabric pen. There are a ton of different craft and sewing projects out there that non-permanent fabric pens were designed for. These marking pens are water soluble. They are perfect for sewing, quilting, and other crafts.
- Comes in a pack of four different water soluble disappearing colors
- The purple and pink pen marks will disappear within a week, while the others can be washed with water
- Can write on many different surfaces and types of fabrics
These permanent fabric marker pens come in a pack of twelve different colors. They are dual tipped, making them great for a wide variety of projects. One end is perfect for line work and fine details, while the other end is great for coloring.
- High quality permanent ink
- Can be used on a wide variety of fabric surfaces
- Non-toxic, fade proof, weatherproof, lightfast, and will stand up to washing
Artistro Paint Pens have water based ink that is vibrant and dries with a glossy finish on both light and dark surfaces. The pens can be used on a variety of different surfaces and materials including fabric, wood, plastic, canvas, paper, rocks, and many others.
- The pen’s tips are perfect for drawing, especially for fine, detailed work
- Non-toxic and low odour
- Premium quality
This roller pen’s gel ink is permanent and waterproof when dry. The ink can withstand multiple washing and drying. The pens have a fine tip that makes them perfect for creative projects. They are also for many other every day uses.
- Gel tip is perfect for writing and labelling clothing
- Perfect for signing or autographing fabrics
- Can be used on a wide varieties of fabrics
Not all fabric pens are meant to last. Erasable marking pens are perfect for sewing, quilting, and many other crafting projects where marks on fabric including measurements and cut lines are meant to disappear. The marks from these pens don’t disappear on their own, but can be erased with water.
- Lines and marks are easily removed with just water
- Smaller construction fits into smaller surfaces than regular pens
- Fine point tip
Pens to Write on Fabrics Buying Guide
Fabric pens come in all different forms. There are actually a wide range with different purposes. Some are meant for art projects while others are meant for more utilitarian sewing, quilting, and crafting projects. Fabric pens can usually be purchased in packs of two all the way up twenty. They are quite budget friendly.
Erasable or Disappearing Ink Pens
Erasable or non-permanent pens are generally quite effective for a variety of crafting, quilting, and sewing projects. Temporary marks are often made on fabric for cut lines, darts, appliques, pockets, seam allowances, and more. These marks are not meant to stay, but they are usually very helpful guides along the way. Some pens have disappearing ink which will fade on its own after a period of days, while others can be washed off with water.
Fabric pens with permanent ink are generally vibrant and the ink is durable. It is generally designed to stand up to multiple washings and even drying in the dryer. Some inks are lightfast and will stand up to the elements, so they can be used on items like shoes or totes that are going to see outdoor use. Many permanent ink pens come in packs of ten to twenty different colors and are quite budget friendly. Often, though they are permanent, they are non-toxic and safe for kids to use as well.