Best Glue for Fabric to Plastic
Here are our fabric to plastic glue reviews
1. E6000 Craft Adhesive
E6000 is one of those glues that can be used for a ton of different projects. It’s a vital tool to have in any home or any craft room. E6000 bonds many different materials including fabric, plastic, wood, metal, glass, cement, rubber, vinyl, leather, and more.
- Dries clear
- Versatile and flexible
- Extremely strong, tough bond
2. Loctite Vinyl Fabric & Plastic Adhesive
This adhesive is a vital tool for any household. It bonds a wide variety of surfaces, including fabric and plastics and has a wide range of uses. The adhesive is great for repairs around the house or for repairing things like vinyl upholstery, inflatable mattresses, raincoats, and more.
- Dries clear
- The adhesive is waterproof, so it can be used indoors or outdoors
- Bonds to paper, plastic, leather, fabric, wood, rubber, and more
3. Misty Heavy Duty Spray Adhesive
This spray adhesive can be used for many different materials including both fabrics and plastic. Spray adhesives are great as a time saver, but they are not the best for small, precise projects. They are used best on larger scale projects where applying other adhesives would be frustrating and slow going.
- Bonds quickly and can be used for either a temporary or permanent bond
- Adhesive is waterproof and remains flexible after it dries
- Dries clear and will not stain
4. 3M Super 77 Multipurpose Permanent Spray Adhesive
Spray adhesives can be a popular choice for many different projects and applications. Not only are they fast and generally easy to apply, they bond well and many are industrial strength and can be used for projects both inside and outside the house. This spray adhesive gives an industrial strength bond and has a fast tack so you don’t have to wait long for it to set. The glue will not soak into items and will not get yellow with age.
- Bonds in 15-30 seconds
- Items can be repositioned before the adhesive dries
- Can be used on fabric, plastic, foam, wood, metal, paper, leather, and more
5. Scotch Super 77 Multipurpose Fabric Adhesive
Scotch Super 77 is an adhesive spray that can be used for a broad range of applications. The adhesive is versatile and dries fast. It can be used for many different materials including fabric, plastic, metal, wood, paper, cardboard, foam, and more.
- Has a fast tack
- Glue is designed not to soak into materials
- Glue bonds strong and stays durable over time
Glue for Fabric to Plastic Buying Guide
There are so many uses for glues that will adhere fabric to plastic. Glues are no longer for the craft or sewing room, but can be used in industrial, automotive, and household settings as well. Many glues bond with an industrial hold. They will hold up well through the years, but they might also surprise you with the power of their hold and all the many jobs they can do.
Spray glues can make life, and some projects, far easier than traditional tubes of glue. Spray glues can cover a large surface area in almost no time at all. It’s important to remember that these glues can sometimes be flammable, and you should always apply them in a well ventilated area and wear appropriate protective equipment if required.
The glues on this list are all quite budget friendly. Even a small tube goes a long way. These glues are all so versatile that they can be used for quite a wide range of projects, so any extra will likely very quickly get used up. It’s actually surprising how many different projects and materials these glues will bond to. They might just become one of your favorite household tools.