Best Fabric for Summer
What You Will Learn
Here our are fabric for summer reviews
This fabric is a luxurious and soft blend of linen and cotton (55% linen, 45% cotton). Linen and cotton are both great choices when it comes to hot, summery weather. The fabric features a full bodied drape and is perfect for many different apparel items. Blouses, shirts, skirts, and dresses can all be made with this fabric.
- This line comes in 55 different colors and patterns
- Budget friendly
- Machine wash on gentle and dry in the dryer on low heat, or dry clean
This rayon challis fabric is very lightweight, which makes it perfect for the warmer summer months. It is extremely soft and is perfect for apparel items like blouses, skirts, tops, dresses, tunics, and many other projects as well. Floral prints are always a great choice for summer.
- Fabric is 100% rayon
- Fabric is dry clean only
- This line comes in 26 different patterns and colors, including many trendy floral prints
Chambray is an excellent fabric for summer. This lightweight fabric is made from 100% cotton. It is durable and also extremely versatile and can be used for many different apparel items including shirts, blouses, dresses, skirts and more.
- Lightweight and breathable
- Machine wash on cold, dry on low heat
- This line comes in 22 different shades and patterns to choose from
This fabric is 100% cotton and is very lightweight. It is the perfect summery fabric and can be used for many different apparel projects. Make shirts, skirts, dresses, bathing suit cover ups, blouses, peasant tops, or even items like scarves. Not only is this fabric great for summer, but it’s also very versatile.
- Fabric does shrink after washing
- Can be washed regularly in the washer with cold water and dried in the drier on low heat
- This line comes in 34 different colors to choose from
Nothing says summer like checked gingham fabric. This lightweight fabric is made from 100% cotton and is extremely versatile. It can be used for many different apparel projects including skirts, blouses, shirts, dresses, and more. It can also be used in making home décor items like window treatments or even tablecloths.
- Machine wash and dry on low heat
- This line comes in a variety of different colors and sizes of checks
- Fairy budget friendly
Fabric for Summer Buying Guide
Summer can be a really great season to dress for. Dresses, lightweight shirts, blouses, and skirts, can all be worn without the worry of heaping on extra layers. Summer is a time to show off your designs and all those exciting new fabrics. While summer is enjoyed by many, it can also come with scorching, dry, or humid temperatures that aren’t fun for anyone. Picking the right fabric for your clothing might really make a difference in comfort level during warm weather.
Cotton is hands down a favorite fabric to wear in the warmer months. Cotton is breathable, soft, and is usually lightweight. It feels great against the skin. Cotton is usually inexpensive, can be purchased in a large variety of patterns, prints, and colors, and is generally quite durable and easy to launder. Cotton absorbs sweat, which allows the skin to breathe. Other fabrics like linen are also great for warm weather. Linen is timeless and luxurious and when blended with cotton, you really get the best of both worlds.
Rayon is another fabric that is surprisingly good to wear in warmer weather. Rayon is soft and is usually very lightweight and thin, which helps the fabric to breathe. Rayon is generally very comfortable and is a great choice when it comes to sportswear, athletic wear, or for clothing for summer. Rayon comes in many different patterns, colors, and prints, and is usually quite inexpensive to purchase. It is generally easy to launder and care for as well.
- Chapter 1: The 7 Sewing Essentials for Beginners
- Chapter 2: The Beginner’s Guide to Sewing Machines
- Chapter 3: The Ultimate Guide to Setting up your Sewing Room
- Chapter 4: Everything You Need To Know About Sewing
- Chapter 5: Sewing Fabric 101: A Virtual Tour of the Fabric Store