Best Fabric Waterproofing Spray
Here are our fabric waterproofing spray reviews.
303 Fabric Guard is a great product not only to waterproof fabrics, but to help restore water and stain repellent properties of fabrics that were designed to be water repellent. This fabric waterproofing spray is safe for use on both natural and synthetic fabrics. The spray will not alter a fabric’s breathability, the feel of the fabric, or the fabric’s color.
- Helps protect against stains made by oils or water
- Has a wide variety of uses and can be sprayed on outdoor seats, boat covers, awnings, and many more items and fabrics
- Resists soiling
MaryKate Fabric Waterproofer is a premium grade fabric waterproofing spray that is ready to do some heavy duty work. Can be used on natural fabrics like cotton or on synthetic fabrics to restore lost water repellency. Can be used on a wide variety of fabrics and surfaces to restore and protect.
- Great for use on many different fabrics like boat covers, tents, clothing, footwear, and even leather
- Colorless solution contains no dyes
- Safe for use on marine grade fabrics
Starbrite Waterproofing Spray helps restore the water repellency of older fabrics. It can also be used to add an extra layer of protection to brand new ones as well. The spray has a wide variety of uses and can be used to waterproof marine fabrics like boat covers, tents, car covers, convertible tops, tarps, outdoor gear, and many more.
- The spray is a waterproofer, but it also guards against stains
- Great for added UV protection
- Easy application- just spray the fabric and let dry for six hours
Scotchgard Heavy Duty Water Shield is a great product to have on hand for those small jobs that you might not even consider waterproofing, but it’s also strong enough to tackle the big jobs as well. The waterproofing spray can be used on many different types of fabrics and is great for a vast number of applications. Protect clothing, luggage, patio furniture, outdoor gear, backpacks, canvas tarps, boat and car covers, umbrellas, and so much more.
- Safe for use on a variety of different fabrics including polyester, nylon, cotton, leather, suede, polypropylene, and others
- Fabric remains breathable after spray is applied
- Can be applied just once per season for lasting water repellency and protection
Looking for UV protection as well? Try Scotchguard Water and Sun Shield.
If you’re looking for a safe spray that can be used on clothing and outdoor gear, then Nikwax TX Direct Spray on should be your go to waterproofing spray. The spray restores water repelling properties of older garments and revives the fabric’s breathability and moisture wicking properties. The spray is great for waterproofing outerwear like clothing, but it can also be used on synthetic fibers for waterproofing gear as well.
- Water based, biodegradable formula
- Great for reviving brand name technical clothing and other outdoor waterproof clothing
- Has no added scent
Fabric Waterproofing Spray Buying Guide
Waterproofing sprays are essential to helping ensure that outdoor fabrics continue to perform and hold up against the elements over time. Factory waterproofing or water resistant treatments will not last forever and many fabrics get worn out and will not perform as they should. Waterproofing sprays not only help to restore the water repellency of many fabrics, they can protect these fabrics against stains, and help restore the breathability of fabrics so that they dry out faster.
Why Waterproofing Sprays?
Waterproofing sprays are an excellent way to save money and protect items that you already have. Some outdoor items like boat covers, tarps, or car covers can be quite expensive to purchase. You’re going to want to protect these fabrics with waterproof sprays, often treating them every season to give them the best chance they have at holding up against the elements and to extend the life of these items before they have to be purchased again.
Wide Range of Applications
Waterproofing sprays have a wide range of applications. While they can definitely be used on marine fabrics like boat covers or for automobile use like car covers or for treating fabric convertible tops, they can also be used for many other around the house applications. Waterproof sprays are great for treating umbrellas, patio furniture, tenets, outdoor gear, luggage, backpacks, and even your clothing. While items might already come with water repellent properties, reviving these properties after time and adding further protection will extend the life of many different items.
- Chapter 1: The 7 Sewing Essentials for Beginners
- Chapter 2: The Beginner’s Guide to Sewing Machines
- Chapter 3: The Ultimate Guide to Setting up your Sewing Room
- Chapter 4: Everything You Need To Know About Sewing
- Chapter 5: Sewing Fabric 101: A Virtual Tour of the Fabric Store