Best Fabric for Shower Curtains
Here are our fabric for shower curtain reviews.
What is more exciting for a shower curtain than a fun fabric? This 100% cotton fabric is lightweight and has a laminate overlay that keeps the fabric protected, but also stays soft. The fabric stays pliable and flexible, and is also durable. This line also comes in four cute and fun fabrics to choose from.
- To clean, just wipe with a damp cloth
- Perfect for shower curtains, but can also be used for apparel like rain coats, table cloths, purses, and more
- Not intended for use outdoors
This 100% nylon medium weight fabric is great for use as a shower curtain. The fabric has a DWR (durable water repellent) coating to help protect it. The fabric doesn’t feel stiff, but remains pliable and flexible. The fabric is durable and sturdy.
- Machine wash cold and tumble dry on low heat
- Available in a variety of different colors
- Also great for making rain coats, bags, sporting goods, and more
Polyester is a synthetic material. It is generally durable, often waterproof or water resistant, and also resists wrinkles. Polyester fabrics are usually easy to wash, quite budget friendly, and come in a wide variety of colors and patterns. This line of fabric is actually made for both indoor and outdoor use and is stain and water resistant.
- Fabric is 100% polyester and is medium weight
- Hand wash with warm water and mile soap
- Great for making toss pillows, tote bags, outdoor cushions, placemats, slipcovers and more
Polyester fabric is often a popular choice for shower curtains because it is durable, generally quite water resistant, doesn’t wrinkle easily, easy to care for, and comes in so many different types, patterns, and colors. This medium weight fabric is an indoor/outdoor fabric line that is 100% polyester.
- Also great for making pillows, accessories, cushions, chair pads, tablecloths, or more
- Spot clean or hand wash with warm water and mild soap
- Budget friendly
5. Keep it Reel
Natural fibers look great, and tend to be durable and easy to clean. Cotton is readily available in a ton of different prints and colors, and is usually quiet budget friendly. Cotton can be used for a shower curtain. Many people use cotton on the outside while they put an interior plastic liner on the side of the shower that is going to get wet. That way, the outer curtain hardly ever sees any real moisture. For those that want to use their shower curtain as décor, cotton can be a good choice.
- Cotton does tend to wrinkle, which could be a drawback
- This fabric is 100% cotton and is lightweight
- Machine wash, tumble dry low
Fabric for Shower Curtains Buying Guide
Shower curtains don’t have to be bland or boring. They also don’t have to be plastic or plastic coated, though these fabrics are often flexible and pliable and not industrial looking at all. Synthetic or even natural fibers can be used (with an inner liner), which means that there is a ton of different choices out there.
Shower curtains don’t have to be just a solid color, though they can also be made from just a single color. Shower curtains can also be a lot of fun. Choosing a fabric that matches your décor, or just something you really like is half the fun. There are so many options when it comes to polyester and cotton fabrics. There are almost limitless possibilities and many of these fabrics are very versatile, which means you can make other accent items for your home.
Fabric for shower curtains doesn’t have to cost an arm and a leg. Many fabrics like polyester or cotton are often budget friendly and come in both solids or patterned fabrics. Indoor/outdoor fabrics often water resistant or even fabrics that are already pre-treated with a plastic or laminated finish can also be budget friendly. These fabrics all tend to be quite durable and with proper care, they can be quite long lasting, eliminating the need for replacement.