Best Fabric for Outdoor Curtains
Here are our fabrics for outdoor curtains reviews
This medium weight fabric is made of 100% Olefin. Olefin is a perfect fabric to use outdoors. This line is made to withstand 500 hours of direct sunlight without fading. It also resists water and stains. The fabric is perfect for curtains, but can be used for many, many more projects including toss cushions and lighter weight upholstery projects, so making matching accents is easy.
- Features 10,000 double rubs
- Easy to clean- just wipe down or hand wash with warm water and a mild soap
- To help prolong the fabric’s lifespan, curtains can be brought indoors when they’re not in use
This medium weight fabric line is made of 100% polyester. It is perfect for outdoor curtains, as polyester is naturally very durable and the fabric has many other great properties. The fabric is fade resistant up to 500 hours of direct exposure to sunlight. It is also resistant to water and to stains.
- The life of the fabric can be extended by being brought indoors when not in use
- Easy to clean- just wipe down or wash with warm water and mild soap or rinse with clear water to prevent dirt from building up or embedding in fabric
- Perfect for many other projects including cushions, toss pillows, and upholstery projects
This fabric from the Waverly Sun N Shade line is a medium weight and is 100% polyester. The fabric can be used both indoors and outdoors. It is resistant to fading for up to 500 hours of direct exposure to sunlight and is perfect for many other home décor accents and projects as well.
- Like most outdoor fabrics, the life of the fabric can be extended by bringing it indoors when not in use
- Also, like most outdoor fabrics, it is easy to clean- just wipe down the fabric or hand wash with a warm water and mild soap solution
- Has 51,000 double rubs
This fabric line is medium to heavyweight and is made from 100% polyester. Polyester is generally extremely durable and this fabric is no exception. The fabric is also very soft and has been designed to stand up to the outdoor elements. The fabric is breathable and dries very quickly. It is perfect for a variety of other projects and can be used for accents like toss cushions, slip covers, or table covers as well.
- Fabric is dry clean only
- UV resistant, stain resistant, and fade resistant
- Minimal shrinkage or stretching out
Premier Prints Luxe Outdoor fabric line comes in many fun, funky, trendy colors and patterns. The fabric is perfect for making outdoor curtains, but can also be used to add that extra pop of color for other accent and home décor projects. The fabric can be used both indoors and outdoors.
- Fabric has a water and stain resistant finish
- Resistant to fading for up to 1000 hour of exposure to sunlight
- To clean, use cold water and a mild detergent and air dry
Fabric for Outdoor Curtains Buying Guide
There are many different outdoor fabrics on the market now. If you thought you would be limited to something industrial, extremely heavy, drab colors, or bland patterns, think again! Outdoor fabrics can be just as fun and playful as indoor fabrics. In fact, many outdoor fabrics can also be used indoors
Most outdoor fabrics are going to be very durable. They are often treated to withstand the elements, especially sunlight. Many outdoor fabrics are fade resistant for between 500-1000 hours of direct sunlight, and the life and color of the fabric can also be extended by bringing the fabric indoors when the curtains are not in use. In addition, outdoor fabrics are often also stain and water resistant and are easy to clean. Outdoor fabrics can be very budget friendly, and can last for years, making them a great investment for any home.
Not only are outdoor fabrics generally very durable, they are also very versatile. Many can be used indoors, in sunny areas, as well as outdoors. The fabric is usually treated to withstand water, staining, and direct sunlight. It is a great choice not just for curtains, but for other projects as well. Match your curtains with outdoor cushions, accent pillows, or table coverings. Not only can you tie everything together, the versatility of the fabric helps reduce waste as well.