Best Fabrics for Dog Hair
Here are our fabric for dog hair reviews
1. Bull Denim
Denim, because of its tight weave, can be a good fabric to repel dog hair. This line of bull denim is a ten ounce, heavyweight fabric and is extremely tough and durable. Because this fabric is so tough, it can be used for many different applications.
- This fabric is heavyweight, is made from 100% cotton, and comes in twelve different colors
- Denim is very versatile and can be used for apparel, window treatments, upholstery, accessories, and more
- Machine wash with warm water, tumble dry- no chlorine bleach
MicroSuede can be a great choice of fabric when it comes to repelling pet hair or for easy clean up. This fabric is faux suede and is super soft. The fabric is super easy to clean and can generally just be wiped with a damp cloth. It is extremely versatile and can be used for a ton of different projects including apparel items, window treatments, upholstery projects, and more.
- Fabric is medium weight and is 100% polyester
- Fabric has a polyester backing
- This line of faux suede fabric comes in ten different colors and is quite budget friendly
Because canvas is generally tightly woven and can be so easily cleaned, it is often a good choice of fabric for making items that have to stand up to pets. This fabric could be ideal for pet beds, furniture upholstery, accent items, chair pads, covers, and more. This canvas fabric is very durable and has a PVC backing with a waterproof coating for extra toughness and resiliency.
- This heavyweight canvas fabric is made from 100% polyester
- Fabric can be cleaned by wiping with a damp cloth
- This line of canvas fabric comes in over thirty different colors
Because silk provides such a sleek, slippery surface, dog and other pet hair has a hard time sticking to it. This silk shantung has a matte sheen and features a crisp hand. Many different types of apparel could be made using this fabric including skirts, dresses, jackets, and more.
- Comes in 54” width
- Dry clean only
- This very lightweight fabric is 100% silk and comes in nine different colors
Because it is so easy to clean, faux leather (vinyl) can be a great choice of fabric for items that have to hold up to pet hair. Faux leather is generally durable, and can be used for many different projects. This fabric can be used for upholstery projects, accessories like totes and bags, clothing accents, craft projects, and more.
- This heavyweight fabric is made from 100% vinyl, comes in five different colors, and is quite budget friendly
- Fabric has a cotton flannel backing
- Can be cleaned by wiping with a damp cloth
Fabric for Dog Hair Buying Guide
When choosing fabrics that repel dog hair or can be cleaned of dog hair easily, there are some that are best to avoid. Laura Dusch, owner of Happy Tails Bathing and Grooming in Branford, Connecticut, says to avoid fabrics that have a raised pattern, a heavy pattern, or a lot of texture, as hair will usually cling to these areas and is harder to clean out of raised surfaces. Fabrics that attract a lot of static will also generally attract a lot of pet hair.
Easy on the Wallet
Many fabrics that will stand up to use by pets, repel dog and other pet hair, or are easy to clean pet hair from, can be purchased on a budget. It might come as a surprise to hear that faux suede, faux leather, canvas, silk, satins, denim, and other fabrics can be so budget friendly, but many lines actually are, even when purchased in larger amounts for projects like upholstery or window treatments.
Many fabrics, especially those like faux leather, faux suede, denim, linen, canvas, and more, can all be used for many different projects. Many of these fabrics can be used around the house for upholstery projects, window treatments, cushions, and more, and can also be used for all sorts of apparel or accessory items too. Being able to use a single fabric for many different projects helps save time, money, and can reduce waste of left over fabrics.