Table of Contents
- 1 Table of contents
- 2 KEY TAKEAWAYS
- 3 Best Embroidery Books
- 3.1 1. Embroidery: A Step-by-Step Guide to More Than 200 Stitches
- 3.2 2. The Sewing Machine Embroiderer’s Bible
- 3.3 3. Needle Painting Embroidery: Fresh Ideas for Beginners
- 3.4 4. A-Z of Embroidery Stitches: A Complete Manual for the Beginner through Advanced Embroiderery
- 3.5 5. Hand Embroidery Stitches At a Glance Carry-Along Reference Guide
- 3.6 6. Stitchcraft: An Embroidery Book of Simple Stitches and Peculiar Patterns
- 3.7 7. The Royal School of Needlework Book of Embroidery
- 3.8 8. Thread Folk: A Modern Makers’ Book of Embroidery Projects and Artist Collaborations
- 3.9 9. Hoop Dreams: Modern Hand Embroidery
- 3.10 10. A Year of Embroidery: A Month to Month Collection of Motifs for Seasonal Stitching
- 3.11 Check out these additional books:
- 4 Embroidery Book Buyer’s Guide
Table of contents
- Embroidery is a versatile needlework technique that can be mastered with practice and the right instruction.
- The featured embroidery books in this buying guide cater to both beginners and advanced embroiderers, offering step-by-step instructions and illustrations to help improve skills.
- These books cover a wide range of embroidery stitches, techniques, and projects, providing options for creating garments, home decor, and works of art.
Best Embroidery Books
Here are our embroidery books reviews.
This comprehensive guide to needlework includes stitches that can be used by sewers at any level, from beginner to advanced. The pages are full of illustrations to make it easy to find the perfect stitch for your next project. Information on materials and tools is also included.
- Includes stitches from beginner to advanced level of difficulty
- Covers dress making, needle point, and embroidery stitches
- Full of helpful illustrations
This book is full of advice on how to make the most of your sewing machine’s embroidery stitches. It also gives advice on how to choose the best materials and techniques for your project. It gives detailed instructions and illustrations on how to use your sewing machine’s embroidery stitches in a variety of ways.
This book teaches an embroidery technique that provides for soft transitions from one color to the next for a paint-like look. Easy to follow instructions are given for each project, with practice motifs included. The patterns presented in this book will challenge advanced embroiderers to develop new skills, but are also suitable for beginners.
- 15 projects organized into three levels
- A section on material selection is included
- Both long and short stitches are covered
This comprehensive book includes information on a wide variety of embroidery stitches and techniques. It is easy to follow, with step by step instructions and helpful illustrations. It also features lay-flat indestructible binding.
- Instructions on how to work dozens of stitches
- Includes advice on how to choose materials
- Suitable for both beginners and experienced embroiderers
This conveniently-sized reference book contains information on many different embroidery stitches and techniques. Dozens of stitch options are included to encourage creativity. Diagrams and text make for easy to follow instructions suitable for even beginning embroiderers.
- Includes instructions for thirty embroidery stitches and techniques
- Step by step instructions and illustrations
- Needle and thread chart included
This book presents 30 projects, each using combinations of nine basic and easy to learn embroidery stitches. Patterns are easy to personalize, creating a unique embroidery project. These patterns are beautiful and complex, yet are accessible to beginning embroiderers.
- Uses basic embroidery stitches to create complex designs
- Suitable for beginners and experts
- Easy to follow instructions
This embroidery book covers eight key components of embroidery with advice from the Royal School of Needlework, founded in 1872. It teaches traditional embroidery techniques in new and innovative ways. It also includes a section on how to properly set up your embroidery hoop and how to mount your work when you are finished.
- Covers 8 key subjects in detail
- Photographs show details of embroidery stitches
- Explains how to properly set up embroidery projects
This book includes step by step instructions and patterns for fifteen modern embroidery projects. It also includes illustrations and directions for 14 different embroidery stitches. It instructs readers on how to embroider on many different fabrics, such as clothing, tote bags, and pillows.
- Introduces basic embroidery stitches
- Discusses how to choose materials
- Perforated, tear out patterns
This book will help you use classic embroidery stitches to create modern, colorful projects. Projects include hoops, wearables, and home decor. The book is beautifully illustrated and includes clear instructions on a variety of embroidery techniques.
- Teaches 10 classic embroidery stitches
- Includes easy step by step instructions and templates
- Includes a glossary of 50 additional projects and motifs
This book presents 38 patterns for seasonal motifs from throughout the year. These designs are both modern and organic. With beautiful illustrations and clear, step by step instructions, these designs are suitable for both beginners and advanced embroiderers looking to improve their skills.
- 38 patterns cover all seasons of the year
- Japanese embroidery style
- Clear step by step instructions
Check out these additional books:
Embroidery Book Buyer’s Guide
When deciding to take on an embroidery project, you have many options. The books featured in this buying guide will help you create any embroidery project you can imagine. They present a wide variety of techniques and options for finished projects.
Embroidery consists of the art of putting together decorative stitches to either decorate a garment or other piece of fabric, or to create a work of art in and of itself. All of the books in this buying guide give step by step instructions on how to create many different types of embroidery stitches, with illustrations and pictures to help you perfect each stitch type. This makes these books suitable for both beginners looking to learn their first embroidery stitches and advanced embroiderers looking to expand their repertoire of stitches.
These books also give guidance on how to put stitches together to create a beautiful finished project. Different options included in the buying guide run the gamut from traditional embroidery techniques to more modern approaches. Some present stitches which can be used to embellish garments and home decor, while other patterns are meant to be used to create wall hangings and projects that are truly works of art in their own right. Many of these books give step by step instructions for both creating individual stitches and putting them together to create larger motifs. Whichever book from this guide you choose, it will help you expand your embroidery skills, whether you are just beginning or have a great deal of experience already.