Best Children’s Sewing Patterns
Here are our children’s sewing patterns reviews.
1. Olive Anne Designs Penelope Dress & Doll Dress Pattern
This super cute ruffled dress pattern is totally adorable. Now your little can match her doll, or vice versa! This set of matching dresses features ruffles, pockets, and a bow. This pattern would be adorable made in many different kinds and colors of fabric.
- This pattern will work for girl’s sizes 2-10
- Pattern comes with a list of amounts of fabric needed to purchase
- Buy this pattern for under eleven dollars
2. McCall’s M7798 Learn to Sew for Fun Children’s/Girls’ Dresses
This pattern features four different variations for pullover dresses. Change up the sleeves, the length, or the hemline. This pattern is part of a series that was designed for beginner or those new to sewing. This pattern is a great option for many different fabrics.
- Pattern can be purchased for under eleven dollars
- Pattern has instructions on how much fabric to purchase and also on how to make the dresses
- This pattern will work for children’s sizes 7-14
3. McCall’s M7797 Ruffles and Lace Treasured Collection Children’s/Girls’ Tops and Skirt
Make two different kinds of tops and a skirt with this unique and super cute pattern. The tops have different sleeve lengths, but both tops and the skirt feature ruffles. This pattern would be perfect for many different fabrics. Use solids or prints, or a combination of both.
- Pattern has instructions and amounts of fabric needed to complete each project
- Purchase this pattern for just over ten dollars
- This pattern will work for children’s sizes 2,3,4,5
4. Oliver + S Parachute Polo + Sweatpants Sewing Pattern
This pattern features an adorable polo shirt, plus sweatpants pattern. The best thing about this pattern? It can be made for either girls or boys, just simply customize the fabric. These pants feature an elastic waistband and elastic at the ankles, as well as a shirt with collar detail.
- This pattern will work for children’s sizes 5-12
- Purchase this pattern for just under seventeen dollars
- Try making this pattern in a whole host of different colors, using different kinds of fabric
5. McCall’s M6548 Children’s/Boys’ Shirt, Top and Shorts Pattern
Looking for the perfect summer apparel pattern? Look no further! This pattern features two different shirts and three different shorts. That’s five different pieces that can be made! This pattern could be made with many different types of fabric, and with solids, prints, or a blend of both.
- This pattern can be purchased for just under thirteen dollars
- Pattern has instructions for amounts of fabric to purchase
- This pattern will work for children’s sizes 3-6
Children’s Sewing Patterns Buying Guide
Children’s items can be super fun to sew. If you’re not overly experienced, you can still make items! There are specific patterns geared towards beginner sewers. These patterns often come with detailed instructions and tips and tricks that will make the whole process easier, so you can brush up on your skills and challenge yourself to something different once you’ve nailed down the basics.
Making clothing is a great way to ensure that each item is personalized. Not only can you decide on the colors of fabric, what prints to use, and what kind of fabric, you also get to hand pick out the design. You can always add individual embellishments or add that personal touch, even if it’s just something as simple as choosing unique or special buttons.
Many patterns come with variations on the outfits. Sometimes, a pattern will let you create three, four, or even five or more different items. Patterns aren’t often overly pricey, but when you consider how many different items or variations on an item can be made, it really goes to show how budget friendly buying a pattern can be. Patterns can be used over and over and many patterns can be used to make around four or five different sizes of clothing. Items can be changed up from year to year, as children grow, but the same pattern ca often be used over and over.