Best Challis Fabrics
Here are our challis fabric reviews.
Challis is a wonderful fabric that is often budget friendly and comes in a wide selection of colors and unique prints. This line of fabric is very finely woven, so it is very lightweight. The fabric is very soft and has a flowy drape. Challis is a popular fabric for apparel items and this line can be used to make dresses, skirts, blouses, lingerie, tops, tunics, and more.
- Available in 54” widths
- Machine wash on gentle, lay flat to dry
- This line is available in over one hundred and sixty different prints and colors
This line of challis fabric is very lightweight and is made from 100% viscose (rayon). The fabric is very smooth and super soft. It is flowy and drapes beautifully. Challis fabric is very versatile and can be used for many different projects. It is a great fabric to use for dresses, skirts, shirts, blouses, tunics, and also for accessories like scarves.
- Available in 55” widths
- Machine wash on cold, air dry
- This line of fabric is available in over ten unique prints
This line of fabric comes in so many different fun, funky, and gorgeous prints. Some feature cats, while others are contrasting geometric shapes or florals. There are over fifteen different prints to choose from. Like most challis fabrics, this fabric is extremely soft and has a flowy drape.
- This fabric can be used to make many different apparel items including dresses, skirts, shirts, blouses, tunics, scarves, and more
- This very lightweight fabric is made from 100% rayon
- Comes in 56” widths and does have some stretch
This line of fabric features florals, fruits, and geometric patterns. This prints are both timeless and modern, and are wonderfully unique. Like most challis fabrics, this line of fabric is a great choice for apparel items. Blouses, dresses, skirts, scarves, and more can all be made from this fabric.
- Dry clean is preferred, but fabric can also be hand washed on cold and tumble dried on low heat- no chlorine bleach and only cool iron
- This lightweight fabric is made from 100% rayon
- Comes in 54” widths
This line of challis fabric features over twenty different batik patterns and prints. The batik dying process ensures that each fabric comes out unique and stunning. The colors are extremely vibrant. Like most challis fabric, this fabric is lightweight and has a fluid, flowy drape.
- This fabric is great for making dresses, skirts, blouses, scarves, and other apparel items
- Fabric is lightweight and is made from 100% rayon
- Machine wash, tumble dry on low heat
Challis Fabric Buying Guide
Since most challis fabric is made from rayon, it is perfect for making apparel for summer. Challis fabric is smooth, soft, breathable, and usually very lightweight. It is an extremely versatile fabric which can be used for making many different apparel items. Challis fabrics come in a massive variety of prints and colors, is quite widely available, and is usually fairly budget friendly.
Rayon fabric is manufactured, but if is often made from natural fibers, so it’s not often considered to be a synthetic fabric. Many challis fabrics are made with rayon. Rayon has many great benefits. It is usually extremely soft to the touch. Some rayon fabrics are also breathable Rayon is generally a great fabric for light weight summer dresses or skirts, and is great for blouses or tops that are cooler to wear in hot weather.
Challis fabric is perfect for making a wide variety of apparel items or even for accessories like scarves. Many lines of challis are very budget friendly. Other lines are slightly more expensive, but can usually still be purchased for under twenty dollars a yard. Many different lines are available for under ten dollars a yard, and some for just over five dollars a yard, to help stretch your dollar.